Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
I just had my second child 5 months ago. I weigh 140 and I want to lose 20 lbs. is it even possible? How should I start? Should I do lots of cardio then tone it after I lose it? What is an easy diet to follow?
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-14):
EricaG87
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Of course it's possible :) if I were you I would focus less on calories and more on eating whole, fresh foods. Fruits, veggies, lean meat, eggs and egg whites, dairy such as Greek yogurt, nuts for snacks, Don't eat a lot of processed, sugary foods and you should lose naturally.
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:35 PM
You have to eat if you want to lose. Otherwise your metabolism will slow and you'll have a very difficult time losing. Aim to eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day. Small frequent meals will jump start your metabolism and keep hunger -and diet misteps - at bay. If you have time to read these replies, you have time to eat, you can even snack while nursing!

Quoting Mommyaunatural: It makes sense. I just don't have time to eat that much food.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Your BMR is 1433, and since you're nursing fulltime, you need to add 500 calories/day to that.  So, you need to eat no less than 1933 calories each day as long as you're nursing...to support your supply.

1933 x 1.375 = 2657 (while working out 1-3 days/week to maintain your weight)

To lose 1 pound per week, 2657-500=2157.

So you need to eat between 1933-2157 calories each day.  Make sense?

Quoting Mommyaunatural: I'm 5'1. Weight 140. I am 25 yrs old. Probably 3 days a week.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Sounds like you aren't eating enough food to be honest.  What is your height, weight, age, and number of days you want to exercise each week?  I can help with your BMR.  You can PM me those numbers if you don't want to post them.

Quoting Mommyaunatural: Breakfast (Special K cereal with almond milk), lunch (cheese quesadilla or ham cheese sand which on whole wheat bread with Greek yogurt) dinner ( protein, brown rice and veggies) I am nursing. I don't know my bmr

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome!  You can definitely do it!  What's your diet like?  What kinds of foods do you eat?  Are you nursing?  do you know your BMR?  Those are good places to start:)

Lebowski98
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM

Bump!  I had my second in July and the belly had no interest in leaving!  I was working out every single day and I wasn't losing a single pound or inch.  I started counting calories and drinking Shakeology and that helped tremendously.  I continue to workout daily, but I eat small, clean meals every 2-3 hours.  It's really helped and by November, I had my body back.  

AviannasMama
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:14 PM
It's funny bc after I had my son I became stuck at 176lbs..I got a fitbit and it told me to eat like almost 2000 calories which I thought was crazy! Well I listened and I lost 10lbs in the last month! I also work out everyday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN