Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Snacks!

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
What are your fav low cal snacks?!
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't focus so much on calories as I do overall nutrition. My go to sweet snacks are a frozen banana with sunbutter or almond butter, or dates. Salty snacks are cashews or almonds. Mindless munching I turn to baby carrots. Grapes are another staple in our house and sometimes I'll do an apple with but butter. Since cutting out grains I actually have to work harder to hit my min calorie goals.
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know how many calories this stuff is - but it's healthier than a Twix!

Apple chips!! Someone gave me a food dehydrator so I've been making them every week since I got one. I have them plain, with cinnamon, or with lemon and red chili powder.

I also like Baby bell cheese - it's one of the only dairy things that doesn't mess with my stomach - but I can only have two - at separate times - each day. I really miss cheese.

Roasted chick peas - I drain a can of them, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt (sometimes red chili powder and lemon juice) - and toss in the oven at 250 for about 50 minutes.

Edamame - PITA - I grew up having to shell peas and these things remind me of that - but still good!

Chia seeds soaked in almond milk with a banana blended in. I sprinkle a little cocoa powder in when I'm craving chocolate.

Air popped popcorn - a little sea salt - good. I make a batch and put it in little boxes and carry it in my purse.

Almonds are another favorite. We go through a lot of almonds here.

I'm not against having chocolate bars or cookies - but I really stick to "everything in moderation". I love to bake so I make cookies - I keep them small and limit myself to two or three. If I still want something after that - I'll have an apple or two tangerines and a glass of water.

Hope that helps you.
MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Thanks ladies! :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Great ideas!

Quoting audmom1218: I don't focus so much on calories as I do overall nutrition. My go to sweet snacks are a frozen banana with sunbutter or almond butter, or dates. Salty snacks are cashews or almonds. Mindless munching I turn to baby carrots. Grapes are another staple in our house and sometimes I'll do an apple with but butter. Since cutting out grains I actually have to work harder to hit my min calorie goals.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Just caught my typo! Nut butter not but butter! Dang autocorrect!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Great ideas!

Quoting audmom1218: I don't focus so much on calories as I do overall nutrition. My go to sweet snacks are a frozen banana with sunbutter or almond butter, or dates. Salty snacks are cashews or almonds. Mindless munching I turn to baby carrots. Grapes are another staple in our house and sometimes I'll do an apple with but butter. Since cutting out grains I actually have to work harder to hit my min calorie goals.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)