Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you eat that would shock others trying to lose weight?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 164 Replies
1 mom liked this
About a year and a half ago, I lost 31 pounds, going from 198 to 167. I never quite made my goal of 159, but I was happy with myself. In the last couple months, I've gained back 5 lbs. So I am here to get back on the wagon to lose that 5 lbs, plus another 5 to get me that much closer to my original goal. I was thinking of doing a weight loss diary on here, but when I thought of some of the things I still eat while watching my weight, you would all be appalled, lol.

Which got me thinking, what do you eat that you shouldn't while dieting?

A few of mine are:

44oz fountain Mountain Dews (I only drink one now, it used to be 2-3 a day. Yes, I know its horrible for me, but a I will never give it up.)

I also concentrate on lowering fat, so I actually eat a lot of pasta and rice while dieting, but it works for me.

What about you, ladies?
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Only at work I also drink coffee. A tiny cup, but it's full if sugar free chocolate creamer and two sweet-n-low packets.
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Bump...
ambcortez
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
12 moms liked this

I eat whatever I want, but use portion control. I work in a cookie shop a few days a week, so I do have a few cookies through the week. But I work out. I've been doing Pilates and the 30 Day Shred.

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM
7 moms liked this

WINE, I have a lot of wine while my hubby is deployed. 

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM
14 moms liked this
ice cream. :) I love the stuff. I sometimes get on kicks and will have a measured serving everyday. And...I still lost 70 lbs and counting. ;)
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome! 70 lbs!!! That's why they say all things in moderation:)

Quoting tiredmomfor2: ice cream. :) I love the stuff. I sometimes get on kicks and will have a measured serving everyday. And...I still lost 70 lbs and counting. ;)
eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM
I'm not a wine drinker, but I've heard it has health benefits.

Quoting tanya_marieh:

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM
3 moms liked this

Well I guess that is a good thing LOL.  My hubby came home randomly for a few min yesterday and my kids are driving me nuts. I see lots of wine in my future for how my kids are acting. 

Quoting eclaudin: I'm not a wine drinker, but I've heard it has health benefits.
Quoting tanya_marieh:

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-Elayne Boosler

eclaudin
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Ooh... I love cookies. There is an unopened bag of Chips Deluxe in the cabinet right now. As long as it stays unopened, I am safe, lol. Portion control is definitely a rule to live by. I used to eat whole bags of stuff, but now I put everything in a dish and it has helped a lot.

Quoting ambcortez:

I eat whatever I want, but use portion control. I work in a cookie shop a few days a week, so I do have a few cookies through the week. But I work out. I've been doing Pilates and the 30 Day Shred.

ambcortez
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I need to do that right before AF arrives. I could eat a whole bag of Oreos in that case, lol.

Quoting eclaudin: Ooh... I love cookies. There is an unopened bag of Chips Deluxe in the cabinet right now. As long as it stays unopened, I am safe, lol. Portion control is definitely a rule to live by. I used to eat whole bags of stuff, but now I put everything in a dish and it has helped a lot.
Quoting ambcortez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)