Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you eat that would shock others trying to lose weight?

Posted by   + Show Post
About a year and a half ago, I lost 31 pounds, going from 198 to 167. I never quite made my goal of 159, but I was happy with myself. In the last couple months, I've gained back 5 lbs. So I am here to get back on the wagon to lose that 5 lbs, plus another 5 to get me that much closer to my original goal. I was thinking of doing a weight loss diary on here, but when I thought of some of the things I still eat while watching my weight, you would all be appalled, lol.

Which got me thinking, what do you eat that you shouldn't while dieting?

A few of mine are:

44oz fountain Mountain Dews (I only drink one now, it used to be 2-3 a day. Yes, I know its horrible for me, but a I will never give it up.)

I also concentrate on lowering fat, so I actually eat a lot of pasta and rice while dieting, but it works for me.

What about you, ladies?
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Replies (161-164):
ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Portion control is how i do it too, but i do try to eat more healthy choices. I also eat sweets a couple times a week, chocolate is my addiction LOL

Quoting ambcortez:

I eat whatever I want, but use portion control. I work in a cookie shop a few days a week, so I do have a few cookies through the week. But I work out. I've been doing Pilates and the 30 Day Shred.

ambcortez
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

aunt flo ;)

Quoting mommabear1038: AF=???
Quoting ambcortez:

I need to do that right before AF arrives. I could eat a whole bag of Oreos in that case, lol.

Quoting eclaudin: Ooh... I love cookies. There is an unopened bag of Chips Deluxe in the cabinet right now. As long as it stays unopened, I am safe, lol. Portion control is definitely a rule to live by. I used to eat whole bags of stuff, but now I put everything in a dish and it has helped a lot.
Quoting ambcortez:

I eat whatever I want, but use portion control. I work in a cookie shop a few days a week, so I do have a few cookies through the week. But I work out. I've been doing Pilates and the 30 Day Shred.

CrunchMaMaBear
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:40 PM
french fries, but only once a week and I still count calories so I just eat really low cal the rest of the day
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Last night I had a beer... It was a light dos xx but still lost weight :) that was great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)