Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Dont know what else to try.... :'( sorry,, looooong post..

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

Good morning, so I have two boys that keep me busy and three step-kids , they are all boys and between 3yrs and 10yrs so there is no slow day with them, also  I am a stay at home mom so I move and do alot of stuff during the day, anyways, about two years ago when my son turned one i realized i was too heavy and couldnt keep up with him, at 157lbs and 5'0 i was obese! I started Atkins and the 30day shred on new years of 2012 , then in february i joined a boot camp for three months , lost alot of weight and finally got down to 133lbs not my goal but close and healthier. After i stopped that a friend and I decided to start the p90x , the first one, and we did it for about a month and a half or two and my body got so toned up and i felt amazing! i even forgot how hard it was to loose the weight in the first place.. During that winter and the holidays i gained weight again, back to 147 and then worked hard again to loose it, anyways this past holidays of xmas and thanksgiving and all that, i gained weight again, january i was 146lbs and so heavy even my "fat" jeans fit tight, anyways since this new year i started trying to do a journal of my food, and started working out again  and ive tried different eating plans, try to limit bread and pasta and white rice and soda, still cant stop eating chips, but im eating less and doing zumba 4 times a week for an hour and every week that i get in the scale at home its still the same weight as the week before. :( And I know people say dont look at the scale look at how you feel but I still feel the same in my jeans and im still the same, and i hate the fact that my thighs rub when im walking in shorts !! :( I dont know what else to do.. I feel like i have tried so many things, and I really want to loose weight , and feel comfortable in my own body and i dont right now..

I have the new p90x3 and thinking of trying it?? anybody try it before?>

about food, what should i try? what should i do? anybody try some kind of eating plan or something that worked for them?

I feel sooo frustrated, one day i think  i want to just give up and keep eating bad but i feel gross so i cant do that to myself, but then when i try so hard and see no results i get pissed.. !

Please be nice with your advice and anything that could help I really appreciate it! thank you..

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
UpSheRises
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:19 AM

We are two peas in a pod mama. I started taking action in November so i'm a little ahead of you.

I switched to a mostly plant-based diet and started doing yoga videos i found you tube everyday. Well, maybe every other day :) I think the new P90X is probably a great way to go but usually when your body is unhealthy, your mind is too. That's why you get so much negative self talk.

P90X helps you challenge your body, yoga can help you honor it. I don't mean like "Ab Blast Power Yoga", i mean like nice, slow, Yin Toga.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to find a way of eating FOREVER that works for you.

Counting calories works for me, eating clean wors for others...don't do a "diet"   I eat mostly what I want- but it has to fit into my calories for the day. I still have cookies or ice cream or whatever and I never feel deprived- I do try to eat well most of the day though.  Also, drink water, and make sure you eat ENOUGH for the work outs and whatnot. I do zumba- usually about 7-8 hour long classes a week and I am eating about 15-1600 calories a day average right now and still losing (I'm mid 150's now- but taller than you) 

you have to get it in your head that this is a forever thing, not a short term thing

MamaJwlz
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Eat CLEAN. That's all.

* Be kind whenever it is possible. It is -always- possible. *
mommy2cristian
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM
I don't have any advice because I feel the same. Portion control works for me, but I have problem sticking with it. I've cutback on food & drinks but I don't think I look any different. It helps if I stay off the scale but everyday mentally I have to push myself because when I'm weak I give up. Db says it will work in the long run but I'm impatient. :( You're not pregnant are you?
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Are you eating enough calories?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMountain
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hi Momma! When you did P90x the first time did you have a coach to help you out and motivate you? I am a Beachbody coach and I am speaking from experience that having one myself helped me out SO MUCH! We check in with you as much or as little as you want, teach you how to stick to your goals, help motivate you by adding you to a group of people who are in the same position as you. I would really love to help you out!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Hugs mama!  You can do this!  Are you tracking your food?  Make sure you're eating enough to support your workouts...that's mega important!  Do you know your BMR?

rosie211
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Here are a few tips that have helped me.

Make sure you eat enough. Not enough calories will slow your metabolism. I aim for 1500 a day.

If you can go low carb, give it a shot. I aim for about 38g carbs per day but sometimes go over. I never go over 100. Make sure your carbs are good ones like veggies and cheese (watch the cheese though, the calories add up fast).

Add coconut oil to your diet. I use Now foods MCT oil and add 2tbsp to my coffee every morning. It is a real energy boost. I cut back from a pot of coffee a day to one cup with heavy cream, oil and stevia. It's quite delicious.

Cut sugar. Buy some stevia (my favorite is Stevia in the Raw). Watch out for hidden sugar as well, you will be surprised how many things have sugar.

Craving chips? Try making cheese crisps. There are a few ways to do it (microwave, oven, pan fry). They get crisp and they are salty, so that might help curb that craving.

To get the produce you need, pick things up and prepare them (chop all the celery and put in a baggie, great with peanut butter).

That is all I can think of right now but the idea is to prep your foods in advance so that you have snack and meal options. Good luck! Also, I don't exercise and have still lost weight this way.

rosie211
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM

And this is important as well OP, you should check into a protein shake that is low sugar.

If your calories are already at a deficit (2000 normal, you go down to 1500) then you workout and burn another 500, your intake for the day is only 1000 and that is way too low. 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  You can do this!  Are you tracking your food?  Make sure you're eating enough to support your workouts...that's mega important!  Do you know your BMR?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)