Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What got you motivated?

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just restarted my weight loss journey not too long ago, I wasn't doing that great, honestly I was starting to gain weight back again,  well I was watching my 600 lb life (I'm addicted to it lol), and my 3 year old dd points to the tv and says mommy you!  It broke my heart to know that's how my dd sees me.  at that moment I decided its time to get completely serious about my weight.  I've lost 7lbs so far.  I'm trying to make sure my food/diet whatever you want to call it lol is in order then i'm going to incorporate some sort of exercise.  I'm trying to cut out pop,( I'm just 1 can of pop a day till what i have is gone)  believe me for me that's huge, I was drinking like 6 cans a day :(.  and I've started drinking alot of water.  I drank 64 oz yesterday.  I've already noticed a few changes like I have more energy and my depression is almost non existant today.  :D  I'm just curious what got you motivated to start your weight loss journey?

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeful11
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you, 7lbs is great! I am trying to get myself motivated also and that motivation is my wedding in October.  I have my dress and it fits great except in the hips and butt area, which is where I gain my most weight.  I have started an excersise regimne and I am working on my eating plan.

I am trying to eat 5 times a day, protien and veggies at most of my feedings.  Before a hard workout I have a protein shake and when I eat carbs I am trying to keep it to oatmeal in the morning after a workout.  I was in great shape about 2 years ago, however, being happy causes me to eat, being stressed and sad causes me to eat and there has been alot of all of thise this past 2 years.  Not to mention I think I have thyroid issues.  So I am getting that looked at.

I joined this group because I am hoping to read stories that will motivate me and get some good tips along the way towards my goal of losing 20-25lbs.  

I wish you much success, it seems like you have a good start!  I look forwad to hearing about your progress.

mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 12:50 PM

ONe of my main reasons for losing weight was for getting healthy.  I've had several close friends whose mom's passed away suddenly, without any warning from heart conditions.  I know that heart disease is the number one killer of women....and I did not want to be a statistic!

mommy2cristian
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:38 PM
I'd like to say it was for my kids & becoming a MILF, or health but the truth is I want to lose 50lbs. One day on the news it said if you replace 1 sugary beverage a day with a glass of water for a year you'll lose 25lbs. I thought that's 1/2 of my goal. I went from drinking 16 ounces a day to 47 ounces. I actually like it now. My biggest thing is portion & I don't get hungry more than 1-2 times a day which is frustrating for eating more often. I have trouble forcing myself. I also do leg exercises to strengthen my thighs for my bad knees.
Cassie2115
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:44 PM
My motivation is my before picture. I also want to be a good role model for my kids so they grow up being active and healthy.
_abeauty92
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Him ( my husband )

& Her ( my daughter )

SIMPLE .

My husband has ALWAYS been a health nut, gym rat , model , works out 5-6 days a week for at least 2hrs and watches what he eats , I want to be the arm candy he deserves although he adores me just how I am ( I was heavier when we met )

My daughter , I want to live long and healthy for her , okay sports and mostly be an example and role model , I don't want her to be over weight .

I need to lose 60lbs
qkforever
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband was my motivation.  He knew I was starting to feel unhappy about my body.  Not that I need to lose weight but to tone up.  He went to our friend who is a personal trainer and he set appts for 2 times a week. He knew I wouldn't do it.   It has really helped me to make sure I eat healthy. 

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I watched Forks over Knives and all the good documentary on tv and delved into research on the health benefits of plant based whole foods.

Plus I had my 4th baby in December and have always had a bad body image. I want to live long and healthy for my girls.

I feel better, I'm a vegetarian going vegan and hubby is thinking about boarding the train. And we've gone organic.

It's kind of peaceful knowing I'm helping myself and my family be healthier, helping the local economy, helping the environment and just being smarter about choices in life.
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM
*food
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:35 PM

I came home in tears for the 2nd or 3rd time after shopping. Nothing fit right IF it even fit at all.  I decided I was DONE. AGAIN (had lost about 65 lbs like 9 yrs ago-but gained it all back plus about 20-25 more) and THIS TIME it was going to stick.

Since that day I have not stopped or given up. I started walking 15 min EVERY day and drinking water- then added to that as the weeks went on.  It's now almost exactly 2 yrs after that day, and I'm down 85 lbs, and this time I'm not going to let it come back. Yeah, I have a bad day here or there...hell, even a bad week if we are on vacation or something, but I get RIGHT back to it after, and keep going for more.  The scale isn't always my friend- in fact this summer It refused to go down for THREE months, but I kept going anyway and I've lost like 20 since it finally dropped again :)

you can do this 

Mi_Chelly
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband's face.

when my husband was deployed last summer, he dropped from 210 to 177, when I saw him, it was like looking at my husband from 11 years ago. And it was comical, since he was wearing the same uniform from his 210 days, so he honestly looked like a child playing dress up... It was soooo baggy on him. 

Well, this year, my husband is in Korea for the year. He left in January, and should be back near the end of next January. During that time while he is gone, I want to get myself in decent shape. I don't know what my end result goal will be... Right now I am just trying to get out of the 220s. I have been fighting it for years. I would like to be at least 175 when he gets home, but we shall see. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)