Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I just restarted my weight loss journey not too long ago, I wasn't doing that great, honestly I was starting to gain weight back again,  well I was watching my 600 lb life (I'm addicted to it lol), and my 3 year old dd points to the tv and says mommy you!  It broke my heart to know that's how my dd sees me.  at that moment I decided its time to get completely serious about my weight.  I've lost 7lbs so far.  I'm trying to make sure my food/diet whatever you want to call it lol is in order then i'm going to incorporate some sort of exercise.  I'm trying to cut out pop,( I'm just 1 can of pop a day till what i have is gone)  believe me for me that's huge, I was drinking like 6 cans a day :(.  and I've started drinking alot of water.  I drank 64 oz yesterday.  I've already noticed a few changes like I have more energy and my depression is almost non existant today.  :D  I'm just curious what got you motivated to start your weight loss journey?

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Replies (21-24):
Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:11 PM

What motivated me was that I was tired of waiting on other's to join me. I was tired of waiting for someone to jog with me. My energy was low and I was depressed. I joined two marathon's and now I need to get ready for them. I am excited to see where this goes since I have never been a big fan of running in highschool. So I bought some things to work out in and comfortable work out shoes and have been going almost every day. The last two weeks have been bad because I have been sucking down the soda again and no sleep. But my daughter has had a cold and I am out of gas in my car until payday (long story short my fridge died and we had to replace it. Since I work at home my car didn't really need gas and I could sacrifice going to the gym for a while.) But I am doing some strength training at home and using my daughter as a weight while giving her kisses. I will be starting my 5k training again this Friday.

ChillyWiggles
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Me and my boyfriend were looking at old pictures of us from 5 yrs ago when we met and as we were going through them he said, wow you were super skinny. I know he didn't mean anything from it but at that moment I thought, wow he's right. Even though he says he loves me more now than back then and tells me all the time to be proud of my body cause it carried the most precious gift we ever received, I still can't help but want anything remotely back to what I had. I ended up gaining 83lbs with our daughter. But anyways it was at that moment when I thought something had to change. I'm down 28lbs with 52lbs to go. Wish me luck.
mrspeterrabbit
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Mine is menopause. Seven years ago i had to have a hysterectomy because of a cyst being attatched to it. I honestly thought I was pregnant because I looked like it. After having the surgery I have gained 40 lbs in seven years. Before surgery I never exercised and ate the same as I do now. I also have the sweats were I constantly feel like Im standing near the oven. So I decided I cant take it no more. I want to look better, feel better, and i figure if I loose weight maybe it will help my sweats because it just might be something I can fix without medication, something I dont want to take because of side effects. I started March 8th. I dont own a scale but I will go by different sized pants. Wish me luck.
wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I am in my 40's and all my adult life, I weighed in the 150's and had ALWAYS said I would never be bigger than a size 12....I started to slowly gain weight and needed some clothes in a size 14....when trying on my spring clothes in April 2011, nothing fit.....that was my moment.....I started that Monday, lost 10 pound in 2 months and kept going down to a size 10. I realize size and weight are just numbers but I also wanted to be healthier and fitter. I have gained back 10 pound but am the losing end once again, no way will I go back to 170. Everyone has to hit their "rock bottom" at some point and get serious about making changes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)