Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I've got this and I'm taking charge!

Who's with me?!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Replies (21-27):
128Mommyof2
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Ask me now hun?! Omg the gym kicked my ass but its such a satisfying feeling after your heart stops pounding a Million an hour lol how was your day???

Quoting Vertical15:

WoohOO!  I just need to find time to get to the gym today.  Today is busy for us.  Have you gone yet?

Quoting 128Mommyof2:

I'm most defenatly with you!!! I'm starting the gym tomorrow and changing my eating habits!!! I need to do this not only for me but also for my kids!

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:06 AM

Not as sweaty as yours!  I didn't make it to the gym so early evening I took the kids to a local nature preserve where we walked a 3.4 mile loop.  Pushed my younger two in a double jogger and my oldest walked.  Its not flat!  It was some work but good times :)

I love that feeling after you finish.  Like I just did that!

Quoting 128Mommyof2:

Mobile Photo

Ask me now hun?! Omg the gym kicked my ass but its such a satisfying feeling after your heart stops pounding a Million an hour lol how was your day???
Quoting Vertical15:

WoohOO!  I just need to find time to get to the gym today.  Today is busy for us.  Have you gone yet?

Quoting 128Mommyof2:

I'm most defenatly with you!!! I'm starting the gym tomorrow and changing my eating habits!!! I need to do this not only for me but also for my kids!

128Mommyof2
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey props to you! Something is better than nothing! Keep it up 😊

Quoting Vertical15:

Not as sweaty as yours!  I didn't make it to the gym so early evening I took the kids to a local nature preserve where we walked a 3.4 mile loop.  Pushed my younger two in a double jogger and my oldest walked.  Its not flat!  It was some work but good times :)

I love that feeling after you finish.  Like I just did that!

Quoting 128Mommyof2:

Mobile Photo

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting 128Mommyof2:

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:09 AM

I wish I was ready for jogging!  I try in short bursts but nothing long yet.  Great job on sticking to the diet plan!

What all measurements are you taking?  Weekly then?

Quoting Liz132:

Good so far. I've done a short yoga workout everyday and yesterday I went for a jog, I'm planning on going again tonight after dh gets home. I've stuck to my diet plan very well today. We'll see how much progress I've made on Saturday, I'll take measurements again then.  

Quoting Vertical15:

Way to go!  First step!  Hows it going since then?

Quoting Liz132: Im with you. Saturday I decided enough was enough I need to lose weight!

Liz132
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:29 AM

For me I think the most important thing is to pace myself. I tend to try and start out going too fast and then I wear myself out too quickly. When I feel like giving up I pick an object not that far off like a tree or telephonepole and tell myself I just need to make it that far when I make it there I usually pick another object just a little farther and try to make it to that. I keep doing that and usually make it a lot farther than I thought I could.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

I love Yoga. Any suggestions for joggers? I normally do Yoga for toning or relaxation.

Quoting Liz132:

Good so far. I've done a short yoga workout everyday and yesterday I went for a jog, I'm planning on going again tonight after dh gets home. I've stuck to my diet plan very well today. We'll see how much progress I've made on Saturday, I'll take measurements again then.  

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting Liz132: Im with you. Saturday I decided enough was enough I need to lose weight!

Liz132
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:41 AM

I don't do it for all that long but I try to go a little longer each time. For measurements I'm taking waist, hips, bust, and thighs. Yes I'm going to do weekly measurements for now. I'm not tracking my weight yet because when I've lost weight in the past I would get really discouraged when the numbers on the scale weren't what I'd hoped. So this time I'm focusing on how I feel, the measurements and visual changes. How are things going for you?Feeling any different? I'm a little sore today.

Quoting Vertical15:

I wish I was ready for jogging!  I try in short bursts but nothing long yet.  Great job on sticking to the diet plan!

What all measurements are you taking?  Weekly then?

Quoting Liz132:

Quoting Vertical15:

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM

The jogging part is getting easier for me. I shed 10 minutes off my 5K a few weeks ago. I am slowly working on shedding 10 more minutes. I went from 59 minutes the first week to 49 minutes a week later.

I just need to find some good Yoga stretches so I am not laid up on the couch the next day with ice packs. My goal is to run a half marathon by June. My Mom is doing another one with me in May but she isn't running. Hopefully I won't leave her in the dust.

With jogging and all of these squats and weight lifting my body is humming.

Quoting Liz132:

For me I think the most important thing is to pace myself. I tend to try and start out going too fast and then I wear myself out too quickly. When I feel like giving up I pick an object not that far off like a tree or telephonepole and tell myself I just need to make it that far when I make it there I usually pick another object just a little farther and try to make it to that. I keep doing that and usually make it a lot farther than I thought I could.

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

I love Yoga. Any suggestions for joggers? I normally do Yoga for toning or relaxation.

Quoting Liz132:

Quoting Vertical15:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN