Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Spring Weight Loss Challenge - Week 1 Weigh-in

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM
  • 51 Replies

How did you ladies do this week?  Post your successes, NSV (non-scale victories), inches lost, pounds lost, whatever POSITIVE things you want to reflect on from this past week.  Let's keep it positive and focus on the good stuff even if you didn't lose what you wanted to.  Hugs ladies!!!

by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

To be 100% honest, this wasn't a good week for me.  Who am I kidding?  It's been a rough several months for me.  I post a lot in this group, but I speak more than I do...to be truthful about it.  I know what to do.  I know what NOT to do.  But, I need to take my own advice more than I need to give it.  

My husband is in the military and his hours are crazy busy and he's been gone the past few weeks.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I had a lot going on the last few weeks.  I have a medically fragile special needs child with a lot going on with him as well. His seizures have increased, issues at his school, planning for the new school year (next year), evaluations, IEPs, and more state waiver evals coming up.  Respite care should be set up within the next few months so I should be able to get a little more time to myself.  But, it's just hard.  Very hard.  

Okay...enough excuses.  This will be a good week for me.  My husband is home.  That's a good thing, and we're ready for a family weekend!

proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM
2 moms liked this

looking at myself in the mirror after this week, my waist look smaller than before and some of my pants have room in them so i lost inches idk how many but i am proud anyway, the scale is not my friend sorry i will just have to post pics.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Part of my challenge is to stay away from the scale which I hate to admit I cheated on that a few times. :(

Paleo has been going great. Running is a bit slow (only did have my run cuz I was sore from a previous "workout" with DH in bed lol. And I didn't do any strength training :(. So diet I give myself an 8/10. (I think I'm eating more fruit than I should be for my sweet tooth). Activity I give myself a 5/10.
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Before weight:249

Start weight:198.6
Week 1:196.8

I'm happy with this. I went to the gym this morning even though I fell down the stairs right before lol. I'm fine except for a sore butt and I caught my arm on a nail on the way down. Next week we start going to the gym 6 days a week again so I'm super super pumped!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

dropped the weight I gained while visiting hubby- so I'm back to an 85 lb loss WOO

*lost 3 lbs this week

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Great job mama!

Quoting proudmomof2653:

looking at myself in the mirror after this week, my waist look smaller than before and some of my pants have room in them so i lost inches idk how many but i am proud anyway, the scale is not my friend sorry i will just have to post pics.

darbyakeep45

Way to go!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

dropped the weight I gained while visiting hubby- so I'm back to an 85 lb loss WOO

*lost 3 lbs this week

darbyakeep45
1 mom liked this

Great job mama!

Quoting youllneverknow: Before weight:249 Start weight:198.6 Week 1:196.8 I'm happy with this. I went to the gym this morning even though I fell down the stairs right before lol. I'm fine except for a sore butt and I caught my arm on a nail on the way down. Next week we start going to the gym 6 days a week again so I'm super super pumped!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Fruit is good for you.  Who gets fat from eating too much fruit?  Give yourself a little more credit mama!  Hugs!

Quoting audmom1218: Part of my challenge is to stay away from the scale which I hate to admit I cheated on that a few times. :( Paleo has been going great. Running is a bit slow (only did have my run cuz I was sore from a previous "workout" with DH in bed lol. And I didn't do any strength training :(. So diet I give myself an 8/10. (I think I'm eating more fruit than I should be for my sweet tooth). Activity I give myself a 5/10.

imperfect511
by Amie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Start week:143
Week 1: 144

Goals this week
Get below 143, drink more water, exercise at least 4 days this week.

So I did peak at the scale yesterday and I was 142, but I had a lot of cookies yesterday so I think it made my weight go up. I will not be making cookies again anytime soon, they are so tempting for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)