Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

The best exercises/food to lose weight quickly???

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 29 Replies
We started an 8 week weight loss challenge at work. I want to win! I've been using MFP since January 6 & I've lost 14 pounds. I want to lose weight at a faster rate. I'm not yet exercising, and I've really only just started making better food choices. I don't want to overdo it, but I do want to lose as much as possible. It's $300+ in my pocket, plus I've never in my life been successful & I'm ready to be!

I'm ready to start incorporating exercise. I have no gym membership & no work out videos. I'm also incredibly out of shape. Where do I start?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:33 PM
When did it start and when does it end?
Losing 7 lbs per month is really good. You should aim for no more than 2 lbs per week honestly.
Eat clean, incorporate cardio, strength and flexibility training and you will see great results. You can start by walking, but that will only get you so far. I would suggest staying with The 30 Day Shred as it is fairly cheap at $10. A lot of people start with it and have great results.
proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM

sparkpeople.com has exercise videos for you so check it out

RoyalT26
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Weight watchers.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:19 PM
The 14 pounds I've lost since January is more than I ever lost with WW. Maybe I would now that I'm seeing success, but I like that MFP is free.

Quoting RoyalT26: Weight watchers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 7:19 PM
The first weigh-in was today, so it ends 8 weeks from now!

Quoting mcginnisc: When did it start and when does it end?
Losing 7 lbs per month is really good. You should aim for no more than 2 lbs per week honestly.
Eat clean, incorporate cardio, strength and flexibility training and you will see great results. You can start by walking, but that will only get you so far. I would suggest staying with The 30 Day Shred as it is fairly cheap at $10. A lot of people start with it and have great results.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cbhs_teacher
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I do a lot of Pop Pilates (blogilates.com), but also try pinterest for workout videos. I have zumba videos on there.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM

I would NEVER join one of these after what hubby told me the people at his work resort to and do to win

I think it leads to very unhealthy ways of trying to lose and I'm in it to lose it forever...

not sure what to tell you for "fast" loss

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM
I'm a teacher & we're doing it in teams of three. There are weekly prizes & a "grand prize" -- I may not win (my team is competing with over 15 other teams), but I know the three of us are focusing on being healthy :)

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I would NEVER join one of these after what hubby told me the people at his work resort to and do to win

I think it leads to very unhealthy ways of trying to lose and I'm in it to lose it forever...

not sure what to tell you for "fast" loss

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cassie2115
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM

I just started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today. It kicked my butt!! You can find it at Walmart for $9! Otherwise if you have the motivation, Insanity is a great workout. I have yet to make it past the warmup lol. I'm going to do that after I finish the 30DS. I am also incorporating jogging into my day since I want to run a 5k this year. Good luck mama!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:59 AM

Claire has the right advice...good luck!  14 pounds in 2 months is great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)