Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can you help me with my daily water needs?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM
  • 12 Replies
I have been on two different websites and got 56 oz on one and 72 on another so I'm second guessing both of them. I'm 129 Lbs 5'5" exercise 60 mins a day, live in a cool climate... Thanks and let me know if you need any other info!
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Do you mean water? I drink about 128 oz a day and I am 157 pounds. They suggest at least half your body weight in water. I sweat and workout a ton... and don't like feeling bloated so I am always drinking water. Esp like lemon in my water.
EricaG87
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Lmao yes water my swipe texting sometimes writes something I didn't mean and I don't catch it. Hmm so half my body weight would be like 65 oz

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: Do you mean water? I drink about 128 oz a day and I am 157 pounds. They suggest at least half your body weight in water. I sweat and workout a ton... and don't like feeling bloated so I am always drinking water. Esp like lemon in my water.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Yea that's the minimum... If you are working out and being active you need to make up the water you are losing. Also think of this you drink water and you will always be peeing... it's like flushing your system. Your body doesn't cling to the water and make you bloat if you are always giving it water

Quoting EricaG87: Lmao yes water my swipe texting sometimes writes something I didn't mean and I don't catch it. Hmm so half my body weight would be like 65 oz

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: Do you mean water? I drink about 128 oz a day and I am 157 pounds. They suggest at least half your body weight in water. I sweat and workout a ton... and don't like feeling bloated so I am always drinking water. Esp like lemon in my water.
rosie211
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I have a hard time with this as well. I have no idea how much water I should be drinking. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM

At least half your body weight in ounces of water each day.

Quoting rosie211:

I have a hard time with this as well. I have no idea how much water I should be drinking. 

rosie211
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

At least half your body weight in ounces of water each day.

Quoting rosie211:

Retrokitty
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Around 64oz, but more if you workout.
I usually drink 64oz then a water bottle full when I work out.
kitchenwitch27
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM

That's what I was always told as well.... half your body weight in ounces. It was really hard at first but now I'm doing pretty well. I had to pee so much at first as well but it evens out eventually. ;)

wahmx3
by Shelley on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I was keeping a glass of wate ron my desk at home to drink from and that usually works. Lately, I have been keeping a 16 ounce cup with a cover and straw instead and I drink more....for some reason I love straws! If you are having a hard time with water, try that and some people like adding fresh fruit for a different taste.

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I drink 64oz, I do the half your body weight thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)