Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

30 day shred calories burned?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I nearly died, but I worked out. Soooo I get to log that in MFP, but I have no idea what to mark it as???? Is there a way to figure out how many calories I burned doing 20 minutes of level one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystal1114
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM
I don't remember for sure but I know there are threads on mfp that gives what people log it as..
imperfect511
by Amie on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Log it as circuit training, that's what I did before I got a heart rate monitor.
bc19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Circuit training, I generally burned anywhere from 250-400 calories during one workout. Just depended on how motivated I was that day lol.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:36 AM

What you burn depends on your weight, height, and heartrate during the activity.  I'd recommend getting heartrate monitor for accurate numbers.  You can log it under circuit training if you want to.  Just keep in mind that MFP always over estimates calories burned on most activities.  Good luck!

lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:16 PM
This is day 1 & idk that there will be a day 2, so I hate to spend money on a heart rate monitor. Should I get to that point, what do you recommend? What do they cost?

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What you burn depends on your weight, height, and heartrate during the activity.  I'd recommend getting heartrate monitor for accurate numbers.  You can log it under circuit training if you want to.  Just keep in mind that MFP always over estimates calories burned on most activities.  Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaElla
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I wear a HR monitor and average 220-220 calories
BellaElla
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM
I've been using Wahoo Blue HR . It's a chest strap (more accurate) and sends the info to my iPhone via Bluetooth. It also works with Myfitnesspal and logs my calories. I've used it daily for a year now. No more guessing calories burned or distance walked.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 4:40 PM
How much does something like that cost?

Quoting BellaElla: I've been using Wahoo Blue HR . It's a chest strap (more accurate) and sends the info to my iPhone via Bluetooth. It also works with Myfitnesspal and logs my calories. I've used it daily for a year now. No more guessing calories burned or distance walked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gracie0221
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 5:58 PM

I use the Polar heart rate monitor and it also tracks my calories. you shoud look into one. Mine costed about $95 from REI, but they have them on Amazon for about $65, which I didn't know till I checked after I bought one.

Oh and I have that video, just need to try it out, I watched it, but I'm not sure if I would burn as much as I do with Tae bo cardio.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM

They are anywhere from $40 up to $100+.  Walmart and Target have some good ones.  Make sure you get one with a chest strap so it's accurate.

Quoting lillybug222: This is day 1 & idk that there will be a day 2, so I hate to spend money on a heart rate monitor. Should I get to that point, what do you recommend? What do they cost?
Quoting darbyakeep45:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)