Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What Sneaker do you Work out in? Looking to buy a new pair..Need some recommendations!!! UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  • 32 Replies
I mostly do a lot of walking on the treadmill..uphill, speed walking. I also do some work out videos.

I had a pair of New Balances that I like but I always seem to get blisters on the back of my ankle/heel and the fabric on the sneaker in that area is always gone. I have to tape my ankle or I'll get blisters really bad.

What sneakers do you work out in? Try to be as specific as possible please. Instead of just saying Nike, can you try to give me the exact shoe? ;)

Thanks!!!!

UPDATE--so I ended up getting a pair of Asics gel Kayano 19. So we'll see!!
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

All shoes are different and some are made for specific things. I use Brooks running shoes because I do weights and running/cardio in them. 

Walking shoes are made differently than running shoes so I'm not going to recommend you a shoe. I will tell you to go to a running store and tell them you walk on a treadmill as well as do DVDs- they will be able to fit you for the proper shoe that you need for those things. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Analeigh2012
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I have completely flat feet and exercising in anything is very painful. I read a bunch of articles about the benefits of exercising barefoot and discussed with my Orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist and they agreed it would help me. Since then I only exercise barefoot. Good luck finding what is right for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Brooks and Saucony (sp) I do NOT skimp on my running shoes. I pay good money for quality shoes.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Mobile Photo

My top pair are for running and the bottom pair are for lifting. They are Merrells and 100 bucks each
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I workout barefoot/minimal shoe (Nike Free, Vibrams) too.  My feet are in GREAT condition now!

Quoting Analeigh2012: I have completely flat feet and exercising in anything is very painful. I read a bunch of articles about the benefits of exercising barefoot and discussed with my Orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist and they agreed it would help me. Since then I only exercise barefoot. Good luck finding what is right for you!

Hi_Rae
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 3:59 PM
My absolute favorite like holy grail best ever sneakers are my Nike Free runs. I love everything about them
gracie0221
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Quoting Analeigh2012: I have completely flat feet and exercising in anything is very painful. I read a bunch of articles about the benefits of exercising barefoot and discussed with my Orthopaedic surgeon and physical therapist and they agreed it would help me. Since then I only exercise barefoot. Good luck finding what is right for you!

I have flat feet, but it's the opposite for me...my feet are in so much pain when I tried working out barefoot and when I wear my shoes, it feels much better working out lol

keisha613
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM

Mobile Photo

Skechers GO Run. It's a running show but works for me because I run and walk. Even works when I do 30 day shred
Analeigh2012
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM
That is interesting! Most shoes have an artificial arch as an arch stabilizer and that positions my feet different, putting stress on tendons, joints and bones. I spend almost all my time barefoot or in slippers. Funny how the same thing affects people differently!

Quoting gracie0221:

I have flat feet, but it's the opposite for me...my feet are in so much pain when I tried working out barefoot and when I wear my shoes, it feels much better working out lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM

I wear Nikes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)