Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you do to keep yourself fit and healthy?

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:31 PM
  • 41 Replies

We'd like to know some of your secrets to fitness and health! 

Feel free to post it here! :)

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmarinewife1
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:34 PM
2 moms liked this
I have never been an extreme health freak. If I want to have a hamburger I'll have one but only half. If I want chips I have them but instead of the whole bag maybe only a handful. I will go for walks and runs plus my push ups and sit up but I have stayed in shape and weight 145lbs. It works for me!
Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Strength training and cardio every other day. I am training for a marathon so these go on the same days. I hit the treadmill and run/power walk for three and a half miles and then go home for some plie squats and weights. I do it every other day so I can relax the muscles and let them heal and then back at it again. I am slowly running more and more.

I also changed up my diet. I eat every two hours with more protein and less carbs. 8 glasses of water a day and a small cup of coffee in the morning for sanity. I haven't worked out for two weeks beyond a strength training video and I am still losing weight.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Cardio three times a week, weights on the off days, one rest day, and I try to eat as clean as I can=)
Liwayway
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:28 AM

love reading your replies!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I lift mostly.... I really dislike cardio a lot. I would be Team 0.0 if I could... but I run sometimes and do yoga
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I eat whole foods. Tons of fruit and veggies. Aside from coffee I drink a gallon of water a day.

2 weeks ago we joined a gym and I go every other day, cardio and alternating lower and upper body days.

I really don't crave sugar or junk anymore.

Liwayway
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Thanks for your replies. Keep it coming! :)

Impressionists
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This! My third day of homemade flavored water. I love the taste and it is helping me to cut down on the Sprites.

All of my practices are new, because I just quit exercise altogether the last time a tried after New Years. Now my only goal is the recumbent for 3 miles a day 5 days a week. It's a 90 day goal along with losing 10 pounds. After the 90 days I'll up the goal! I can always choose to do more in the meantime...
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:12 PM
2 moms liked this

We got away from processed foods and sugary foods.  We learned to love the taste of real food produced by nature....makes it easier to eat healthy.

Work out?  How about PLAY???  I get bored with workouts, but with my kids and grandkids a workout can be FUN!  Playing soccer, dancing to music with Just Dance on the Wii, sprints with the teens, swimming, biking, playing frisbee golf...all FUN workouts.  DD and I use Insanity DVDs to "work" out together and have fun doing it.

Liwayway
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM

Quoting Impressionists:

Mobile Photo

This! My third day of homemade flavored water. I love the taste and it is helping me to cut down on the Sprites. All of my practices are new, because I just quit exercise altogether the last time a tried after New Years. Now my only goal is the recumbent for 3 miles a day 5 days a week. It's a 90 day goal along with losing 10 pounds. After the 90 days I'll up the goal! I can always choose to do more in the meantime...

I

Interesting water you have. What's in there? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN