Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How to tell if you are losing weight without the scale.

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
  • 14 Replies
4 moms liked this

If your plus size granny panties are starting to resemble those teenagers with their underwear showing and their pants sagging around their butts. I looked down the other day and noticed my undies were over my belly button and my pants were barely hanging on to my hips. I won't lie, I am very excited. But I think it is almost time for new clothes.

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

hah!  Love it!

rosie211
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I realized it when I didn't have to change into sweats from my jeans when I got home. My belly is shrinking and I love it!

Looks like it's time to get some new clothes OP :) Yay!

Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Lol, that sounds like a wonderful "problem" to have. Time to go shopping!
keisha613
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Enjoy shopping for your new body!

I noticed just last week when getting into the car, I didn't have to pull the seatbelt out at far when buckling in.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My birthday girl is turning 1 this Wednesday so the shopping spree is going to be for my baby girl. She needs a lot of 12 months to 18 months clothes and shoes. I can wear a belt until that time. I did save a lot of my "skinny clothes". I might just hold off until I can fit into them.

Quoting keisha613:

Enjoy shopping for your new body!

I noticed just last week when getting into the car, I didn't have to pull the seatbelt out at far when buckling in.

lanceandhailey
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I had to go buy a new pair of jeans this weekend.. my 12's were practically falling off, I had to buy 7/8 to fit right! Pretty exciting.

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

My current size is a size 13. I haven't checked my weight for a few weeks but my pants are falling down. One pair of my jeans are a different brand and is also a size 13 and it is fitting fine but the one's I bought from Walmart are falling off. I might wait until the Target brand starts falling off.

Quoting lanceandhailey:

Congrats! I had to go buy a new pair of jeans this weekend.. my 12's were practically falling off, I had to buy 7/8 to fit right! Pretty exciting.

snowbear74
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:36 PM

try womens/misses sizes(they are the even numbered sizes,jrs are the odd numbered and for people with not as many curve). maybe that will make a difference. To me the misses/women sizes are more consistent than the jr sizes

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:50 PM

I have a longated waist and I am 5'2". I have a very hard time finding jeans that not only fit but are for petite sizes that don't sit under my chest. And at a decent price.

Quoting snowbear74:

try womens/misses sizes(they are the even numbered sizes,jrs are the odd numbered and for people with not as many curve). maybe that will make a difference. To me the misses/women sizes are more consistent than the jr sizes

Looneyfarmmom
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM

My issue with shopping in the adult section is the pants are usually too long, the waist line is too high, the butt is too baggy, the legs are too baggy, and then add on the fact I was over weight. That pretty much blew any possibility of pants fitting beyond pulling out my sewing machine to fix every error the adult section has. According to retailers I was suppose to keep growing but my body decided to stay at its current size when I was 13.

If I wanted anything from the adult section to fit my size I would need to pay a lot more money than I have on a pair of pants. These pants were only $10 at Walmart and the skinny jeans I bought from the kids section of Target were $12. The waist line was perfect but the length could be pulled up a little. Okay a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN