Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ugh I think I'm doing more harm than good

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I'm new to eating better and all that.my problem is I will have 3 meals and 2 snacks usually some fruit with Greek yogurt or veggies with hummus depends on the day.but I noticed maybe like an hr or so after my snack I'm feeling Hungry again so I will grab a handful of blue berries or whatever fresh fruit we have and I will be fine till my next meal.and I setting myself up for failure should I stop doing that? 

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MiMi.
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:38 PM
I always snack of fresh fruits and veggies when I get hungry.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
More harm than good would be if you were reaching for a Snickers bar. Fresh fruits/veggies are a great way to curb the hunger and not undo your day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaElla
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM
I snack on raw fruit/veggies 2-3x a day. I eat apples, carrots, pears, bell peppers, cucumber slices...it's a great way to full up and get nutrients!
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would you think this was a failure?

Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Why would you think this was a failure?

I just feel like I'm eating to much.i have struggled with my weight for the last 7yrs.i, so close to being back to what I was when I met my husband I'm worried I'm going to ruin all the progress I have made

Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Do you keep track of your calories? It sounds like you are choosing healthy snacks, so you're doing well as long as you are burning more calories than you are eating.
Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I'm doing weight watchers so it goes by points

Quoting Erinelizz: Do you keep track of your calories? It sounds like you are choosing healthy snacks, so you're doing well as long as you are burning more calories than you are eating.

mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:51 AM
You're making better decisions - THAT IS NOT FAILURE. Think about doing this for life. Learning to eat better, making better decisions, being more active - a lot of times we have to knock out all the crap we thought we knew and learn the truth: eating less DOES NOT equal weighing less.
Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Then as long as you are following the guidelines for how much you can eat, I'd call your eating habits a success!

Quoting Anonymously3:

I'm doing weight watchers so it goes by points

Quoting Erinelizz: Do you keep track of your calories? It sounds like you are choosing healthy snacks, so you're doing well as long as you are burning more calories than you are eating.

Lebowski98
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I agree with the women on here, you are making healthy decisions...could be a lot worse.  One thing that you could try...when you feel these hunger pains coming, drink water.  Often, hunger is our bodies way of telling us that it needs more water.  Chug a glass and wait for a minute or two, if you still feel hungry, then keep on with those fruits and veggies.

I'm doing a free 5 day clean eating challenge on Facebook starting next Monday, the 17th.  If you'd like to join, I'd love to have you.  PM me and I'll set it up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)