Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 healthy habits that will change your life

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Untitled
10 healthy habits that will make you feel fabulous!
1. STOP drinking canned sodas.
2. STOP eating fast food.
3. Cut out processed foods.
4. Eat more proteins, veggies, fruits, & healthy fats.. Like nuts and avocado.
5. Exercise 30 minutes 5 times a week.
6. Set a goal for yourself.
7. Eat whole grain foods, not whole wheat.. There is a difference.
8. Download the fitness pal app and instead of focusing on weight loss focus on nutritional values.
9. Eat 6 small meals a day.. Watch your portions.
10. Eat lean meats.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:20 AM

I do all but 7 and 9.  We don't eat grains, period, due to their anti-nutrient qualities....and 6 small meals a day messes up our leptins.  No thanks...I'll stick  to eating when my body tells me it's hungry, not when the clock tells me I need to eat.

sheli.bean
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Yay, I'm so excited that I've accomplished all of these things!! I haven't downloaded the app, though. I'm trying not to obsess, and I know that having an app will make me obsessive lol.
wahmx3
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I do most of these, except #9 although I do snack throughout the day along with meals. I confess to fast food almost once a week though.....I hate cooking on Sundays so eating out is what we do (for dinner) and fast food coupons make it cheaper than a restaurant. Love that you said whole grains instead of whole wheat, most people don't realize there is a difference.

theresaphilly
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I do 5, 6 and 10.

youllneverknow
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I do all but number 9.

And I don't really eat grains much anymore but when I do it's whole grain
lulalacroix
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:16 AM

I do most of these.  But I exercise more and I eat many small meals, when I need to.  Probably every 3 hours or so.

nat1106
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Wonderful advice I'm a mother of 2 beautiful teenage daughters and a wife to a wonderful husband but it's been rough here lately he's a little over weight and is taking a lot of medications due to poor eating habits and he has diabetes :( so I just wish their was a group session to discuss diabetes but at the same time how to really understand portion sizes. Thanks for the helpful food tips.
gracie0221
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 3:09 AM

I do mostly all of these except for 1 and 9. I also exercise more than 30 minutes a day. I have cut down on soda a lot, but I allow myself 1-2 cans a week 

3kidz123
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 11:56 AM

I do 1,2,4,5,7

I still eat some food not made from me like pretzals, I don't always set goals, I'm not an app fan, I eat when I feel like it, and I'm vegan so no meats :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)