Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

burning calories, elliptical VS tredmill

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
  • 5 Replies
so im in the market to buy either a elliptical or a tredmill. right now im only doing work out videos at home,but I have arthritis in my joints ( from previous health problem that is gone,), the high intensity and high impact cardio work out videos are killing my knees. I do ok when its only every.other day, but I need to kick up my cardio and I think a machine will help. so what do you recommend, which.is more efficient at burning calories, what are your pros and cons. thats ladies

id like to add, this is am amazing group, yoy.are all soooo sweet and encouraging, im blessed to have found it
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

If you want something low impact on your knees, I would recommend an elliptical.  I have a treadmill and love it but I'm a runner and that's my passion:)  Good luck!

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I say elliptical like Darby said... treadmills are just running indoors.. running impact on the knees. Plus you could always run or walk outside. Also maybe thought about a bike? You could buy a regular mountain bike and they have bike trainer stands that let you convert it to an stationary bike for indoors.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM

eliptical s probably better on joints...but I's personally spend WAY more time on a treadmill. I HATE elipticals, but like walking

or what about a stationary bike? LOVE those

MommyJill87
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Elliptical. I love them and it doesn't hurt my hips.
BeFit-Mom
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Elliptical is non-impact, and easier on the joints, which allows you to workout at a higher HR with relatively less perceived exertion than the treadmill.

Treadmill gives you the options of walking flat, walking incline, jogging flat, and jogging on incline. Because walking is low impact and jogging high impact, you will experience a greater workload at any given HR.

Ultimately, buy the one that you enjoy using most.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)