Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Where to begin with at home workouts

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:22 AM
  • 22 Replies
I have been dieting and doing a light workout but not on a regular bases. I have lost 25 pounds but have a long way to go. What would be a good workout DVD?
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Jillian Michaels dvds are always a great place to start.and they have the different levels of the 30 day shred on YouTube I believe so you might not even need to buy it. Good luck!
JanuaryBaby06
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

POP pilates Total Body workout with Cassy Ho. She also has a ton of YouTube videos... I absolutely love her!

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Google my screen name for an award winning DVD for postpartum core conditioning.

BeFit-Mom

Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Jillian michaels I think hers are the best

imperfect511
by Amie on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I love Jessica Smith. Shes got tons of workouts on YouTube jessicasmithtv....she has a,website too jessicasmithtv.com
katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM
3 moms liked this
If u want to just walk....try Leslie Sansone's walk at home. It's also on YouTube and she makes it fun!
mckinneymom918
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
You tube! Fitness blender has a bunch. Be mom strong has some, and adding more all the time, But I love her workouts.l- short but intense.
AmyLynn5398
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 8:05 PM

The library has a lot of choices that you can try for free.  If you like it then you can buy it.  Also see if you have a 1/2 price book store.  You can get the P90X for $40.00 full set and other videos.  Any videos that have interval where you have your heart rate raised for a time and then down for a time, proven for weight loss since you burn calories longer then if you did staight cardio.

MsStaceyu
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:09 PM

My favorite are the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvds.  I own a few and I also get workouts via YouTube and the library.  A one mile walk is approximately 15 minutes.

audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I've been doing YouTube videos along with half marathon training.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)