Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Question.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have lost ten pounds, but I have lost a whole lot of inches! Does anyone know if that usually happens first before weight comes off? I am getting some great muscle definition in my legs from walking and running. It's my belly I want to get rid of, I am up to 120 crunches a day with one day of rest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Belly fat is made in the kitchen. You have to eat very cleanly, incorporate cardio, strength, and flexibility training in order for belly fat to go away. Also, doing crunches everyday is ineffective. Your abdominus rectus is a large muscle group and you never want to work the same muscle daily. You will not see results unless you allow your muscles to rest more than once per week. Abs should only be worked 3x per week. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to clean up your diet for the belly fat. Weight and inches come off differently for people... Your core is super important and there are so many better and more effective exercises than just crunches. I do maybe 75 crunches 3 times a week and that's just because I practice them for a PT test coming up
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with the others. Also want to add to do core workouts that attack the abs from all angles. I like the Chris freytag 10 pound slim down core workout. I think it's still on utube idk I have the DVD. It kills me every time but in a good way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
Thanks ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN