Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Milk??

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM
  • 31 Replies

We are trying to clean up our diet and have decided to switch out most of our cow's milk.  We have tried almond, soy, coconut and rice milk...the only one we can all agree on is almond milk. So yesterday I stood in the milk section at the grocery store for like 10 minutes and could not figure out what the "best" option would be.  I do not want to make my own, so what is the next best thing?  

by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lorelei10
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM

you shoould look into hemp milk. seriously the most nutritious milk available. even more so than coconut or almond

KMAsMommy9182
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Is it thin/watery?

Quoting lorelei10:

you shoould look into hemp milk. seriously the most nutritious milk available. even more so than coconut or almond

lorelei10
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Honestly no, but it does taste sort of grassy. My son loves the chocolate version, drinks a whole cup in 2 seconds flat lol

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Is it thin/watery?

Quoting lorelei10:

KMAsMommy9182
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I think we will start with almond milk.  Baby steps. Thanks for the honesty :)

Quoting lorelei10:

Honestly no, but it does taste sort of grassy. My son loves the chocolate version, drinks a whole cup in 2 seconds flat lol

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Is it thin/watery?

Quoting lorelei10:

kylenkodysmom
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM
I prefer the Silk almond milk. I usually get 2 of the regular, and 1 of the vanilla UNsweetened.

ETA: the vanilla is usually for drinking, and the original I use for cooking and cereal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorelei10
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM

No problem :) I personally cannot give up cows milk, nothing comes close, but we get organic or raw (when possible... since its illegal here). I have never been able to really enjoy any other kind of milk, hemp milk is good in a pinch for me but I cant drink anything but cows milk because nothing tastes like it lol

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Yeah, I think we will start with almond milk.  Baby steps. Thanks for the honesty :)

Quoting lorelei10:

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Is it thin/watery?

Quoting lorelei10:

KikiKia
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM
4 moms liked this

I love Almond Breeze brand

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I second this. . I can't do Silk... it tastes weird. But Almond breeze is yummy

Quoting KikiKia:

Liz132
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:26 AM
We use the regular almond milk.
LaReina_5
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:28 AM
We use these and rice milk, good choices if it's your first time transitioning to something new.

Quoting KikiKia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)