Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anybody drink shakeology? Pic

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM
  • 24 Replies

Mobile Photo

My friend is sorta selling shakeology... He's not pushy, his partner is using it to lose weight and it's working for him :)

Anyway, I'm trying it. He sent me samples. I'm doing the chocolate one. I added 2tbs of pb2, soy milk (all I have right now lol) and ice. It tastes good, but then there's a very strong after taste. I think it's the stevia.

anyway to eliminate the weird after taste?

For kicks here's a pic of my drink lmao
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrisnjoesmom
My boys go to school Monday!
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
by Adrienne on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:37 PM
I got bad stomach pains from it. My skin was glowing and it was great except I just literally couldn't stomach it. I went to the doc the pain was getting so bad but all tests were normal, I finally guessed it was the shakeology and stopped it and pain stopped. I'm very sensitive though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:50 PM
I have a pretty sensitive stomach too. It feels a little weird, but not in pain. I've heard it gives loads if energy. That's what I'm hoping for.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom: I got bad stomach pains from it. My skin was glowing and it was great except I just literally couldn't stomach it. I went to the doc the pain was getting so bad but all tests were normal, I finally guessed it was the shakeology and stopped it and pain stopped. I'm very sensitive though.
MiMi.
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 2:53 PM
This happened to me with isagenix. I had extreme stomach pains and horrible diarrhea

Quoting chrisnjoesmom: I got bad stomach pains from it. My skin was glowing and it was great except I just literally couldn't stomach it. I went to the doc the pain was getting so bad but all tests were normal, I finally guessed it was the shakeology and stopped it and pain stopped. I'm very sensitive though.
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM
4 moms liked this
I can't imagine myself spending so much on shakes or drinks for nutrition that I can get from real food. Just my opinion.
mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 3:24 PM
I understand, hence trying samples first. I honestly would love something that tastes like I'm drinking a healthy chocolate shake everyday. This was not like that.

I like real food too. It's taken me a month just to try it.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl: I can't imagine myself spending so much on shakes or drinks for nutrition that I can get from real food. Just my opinion.
SparklyCoffee
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I liked it when I used it, but it is too expensive for me. I didnt like it that much. Haha

Rota
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I checked into it and it is not for me- too much sugar and artificial ingredients ( that is why so many people get an upset stomach).

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Interesting. Thanks for your input :)

Quoting Rota:

I checked into it and it is not for me- too much sugar and artificial ingredients ( that is why so many people get an upset stomach).

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM

Nope, not a fan of that type of thing for weight loss.  It works- temporarily.  But then what?  Been there, done that, gained it all back plus more.  Just like most people do.  :/  This time I've changed my eating habits, and it's worked much better, 4 years later.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Yeah I'm not doing for weightloss alone, especially since I'm still counting calories. Problem with it though was the flavor and it gave me a mild stomach ache until I felt hungry :/ which is a bummer. I'm hoping for an energy boost and appetite suppressant. I don't want to trade hunger for an upset stomach though.

Quoting musicpisces:

Nope, not a fan of that type of thing for weight loss.  It works- temporarily.  But then what?  Been there, done that, gained it all back plus more.  Just like most people do.  :/  This time I've changed my eating habits, and it's worked much better, 4 years later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)