Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you do when you are hungry and hormonal?

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just feel like I can't eat enough today. I don't feel like it is emotional or stress or boredom. I feel so hungry. I drank lots of water, ate a balanced meal, ate some fruit, more water, now had some almonds. So should I fight the urge to eat extra today or just go with it but while making healthy choices. What would you do?

ETA: I'm 1-2 days from TOM

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KMAsMommy9182
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM

For myself, I fight the urge.  If I gave in I would end up eating all day long.

lulalacroix
by Lula on Mar. 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I deal with it by giving in. I dont usually have cravings, except for day 1 of menstruation. Last night I went to burger king and got one small satisfries. I ate almost half the package and threw the rest away.
livndaybyday
by Alicia on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Honestly, I give in, but I make sure that I save enough calories to cover it. I tend to crave salt, so my go to food is popcorn. I try to make it healthier by air popping the corn and just adding salt, although sometimes I add a tiny bit of butter to it.
sheli.bean
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm having this exact problem today. These responses make me feel much better about it! I crave protein like there is no tomorrow during my period. I just bought a pack of beef jerky and pepperoni sticks and polished them off after having some Greek yogurt and peanut butter. I still feel like I need more protein!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I plan my day out in the morning-then stick to it, chew gum or go wander somewhere so I am not sitting around thinking about eating! 

Liz132
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I try to fill up on the good stuff so if I do end up eating some of the bad stuff least it won't be as much. For me eggs can help fight cravings, some protein and some fat they usually do the trick. If im craving sweet I eat some fruit or drink some tea sweetened with stevia.
Runner36
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I cave in...eat a bunch of junk and then get mad at myself for it...

ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:01 PM

can you go for a walk?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:49 AM

THese ladies have some great advice...hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)