Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

why can I not have confidence in myself.

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi I am new here I am 27 married 5 amazing years with 2beautiful kids 6 y/o daughter and 1 y/o son.  My weight has been up and down for many years. I lost my baby weight with my daughter and with my son I started to loose the weight I gained with him but I got the depo birth control shot and gained 40 extra pounds. I know it isn't all depo either it's me being stressed put and when I am stressed I eat. 

Any way I am intent on eating healthy and working out to get healthy. I am not calling it a diet because I never stick to them. I work out to a Zumba DVD that I bought online I love it. But today with me being sick I didn't exercise and I ate a little junk I shouldn't have and I am so down on myself like always. Thinking I will never loose the weight I need and want too. I have no faith in myself which is bad I know. I have always been hard on myself but when it comes to weight I am extra hard on myself. My husband loves the way I look and thinks I don't need to loose weight and says I am beautiful and I know he sees me as beautiful but I don't Now I am not trying to be super thin just what I was before having my son a healthy weight for my height and still have mt curves, 

sorry this is all over the place I am upset with myself. Has anyone lost weight doing Zumba? I can not find a zumba class near me and I don't drive and my husband can not drive due to medical reasons. I just want more confidence in myself that I can do this.  Thanks  for listening to my rant. 

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lulalacroix
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:54 PM
Hi. Your dh sounds like a great guy!

I can't comment on Zumba cause I don't use it. But I will say that we all screw up our diet from time to time. You just wake up tomorrow and begin again. Try not to feel so guilty cause guilt can lead to more junk eating. ;)
newmomat22
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks he is. I know that is what my husband says too. I am so determined to do this I am just boubting myself. Thanks mama

Quoting lulalacroix: Hi. Your dh sounds like a great guy!

I can't comment on Zumba cause I don't use it. But I will say that we all screw up our diet from time to time. You just wake up tomorrow and begin again. Try not to feel so guilty cause guilt can lead to more junk eating. ;)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama...you can do this!

newmomat22
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Thanks mama I just don‘t know why I always do this to myself.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama...you can do this!

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Don't let a little junk ruin your day!! Just adjust the rest of your calories/carbs, etc to accommodate the junk. If it's too late for that, just make sure the next day is good. One day won't make you gain weight. One day won't ruin what you are trying to accomplish, really it won't. Just don't let one day turn into most days.

You will do great! Just know that it takes time.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I zumba and have lost about 85 lbs in the last 2 years doing mostly that (though I've done some waling- weights- pilates- yoga here and there too)

I count calories though along with the working out.  

Start by making small goals- things like drinking X amount of water a day, or moving so many min. a day every day. Once you do it for a few days straight- you'll have a streak going. then make it a goal not to break that streak or to keep it going for a month or whatever. That's how I started. As you go, a wekk or two in- up the water intake, and the time you work out, or add something new... that helped me get going and kepp me going!

you CAN do it :)

SeraiahH
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Don't beat yourself up! We all have days that is harder than others to push play. :-)

Would it help to be in a support group of other people going through similar struggles to lose weight?
2salernos
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:06 AM
Why don't you purchase zumba dvds?
newmomat22
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Sorry ladies I was sick for a while. and I hurt my arm so sadly I can not exercise until I get an x ray. But I am still eating healthy and walking a lot. thanks for all the help ladies it means more then you guys know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN