Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What do you do to distract yourself from eating?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am a bored eater, a stress eater, a comfort eater. I eat at happy occasions, sad occasions, etc, etc, etc. I just eat. lol.

I am trying to get back on track with eating right AND I am diabetic so I should be checking my blood sugar 2 hours after each meal but lately I am finding that I often don't even GO 2 hours without snacking on something.

So I am trying to come up with things I can do INSTEAD of eating when I get a craving or the urge to eat!

by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberlynn1218
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Do you have any hobbies you enjoy doing? Those types of things have been good distractions for me. :)
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Read a book. Drink water. Eat something healthy. Play with my kids. Clean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherie74
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I clean, lol. Triple benefit: a.) it's hard to eat while you're cleaning; b.) cleaning is active, thereby burning calories; c.) my house is REALLY clean!

Seriously, there's a correlation, I think. When I was 25 lbs. heavier, I didn't have the energy to clean as much. My house was messier, I sat around a lot and ate more. (In some ways, I think I just moved an eating compulsion to a cleaning compulsion, lol.)

Cherie74
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Oh, and I think incorporating running helps a lot, too. Because when I come home from work, the first thing I want to do is snack. BUT, if I'm going to run in an hour, I can't. So I just keep pushing that run out, knowing that I can't eat before I run.

I play the weirdest tricks on myself!

lulalacroix
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Personally, I do eat every couple of hours. I snack on raw fruit or vegetables. If I want something crunchy I have one ounce of nuts or seeds or even popcorn. If I want something creamy I have 1/2 cup of greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM

These ladies have great ideas...good luck!

theresaphilly
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Quoting lillybug222: Read a book. Drink water. Eat something healthy. Play with my kids. Clean.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I shop- not really buy anything, just wander...

chew gum, work on a project, play a game...

Sunshine-27
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I will get up and do some cleaning or something. Go for a walk. Exercise. Work on a craft which really makes the time go by fast!

RitaTequila531
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Workout, take a nap, chat with my Gram
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN