Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Not looking forward to...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm not looking forward to the weight loss for one, and only one, reason. Loose skin. I know that I will have lots of it. My highest weight was close to 250lbs, and I'm 5'2". A healthy weight for my height and age is around 125lbs. When I started this weight loss journey I was 220lbs (I honestly have no idea how much I've lost) and I intend on losing close to 100lbs by next August. With my oldest son I had excess amniotic fluid and ended up with a distended uterus. I was absolutely huge by the of that pregnancy at 41+ weeks. I know I won't be able to get rid of the extra skin, no matter how much exercising I do, without surgery. I'm already starting to noticed looser, sagging skin in my tummy :-(. Anyone else with this issue?
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:02 PM
((Hugs))
It probably won't be as bad as you may have envisioned.
I was a similar weight and the exact same height as you. Of course everyone is different...but it is not that bad..and some of it has honestly shrunk over time. It just takes a little while for the rest of your body to catch up with the weight loss.
Also..If you are exercising, eating healthy and drinking plenty of water...and losing weight the right way. Slowly and healthy. Then it will not be as bad as someone who lost it all in 6 months the unhealthy way. :)
CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM

Yep, the saggy skin does suck.  I am down 100+ pounds and I have saggy boobs, tummy and arms. 

Yes, it annoyed the piss out of me for the longest time.  But the further out I am from the loss (have been maintaining for a year) the less it bugs me.  The skin is getting better (not even close to where I want it to be, but better) so I am trying to be patient.

I do know that surgery is the only option to give me the body that I want, and deserve (after all that hard work!)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hugs mama!

Janet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I too lost 100 plus. My biggest problem is my arms! I want surgery! Have you looked in to it at all?

Quoting CLEKate:

Yep, the saggy skin does suck.  I am down 100+ pounds and I have saggy boobs, tummy and arms. 

Yes, it annoyed the piss out of me for the longest time.  But the further out I am from the loss (have been maintaining for a year) the less it bugs me.  The skin is getting better (not even close to where I want it to be, but better) so I am trying to be patient.

I do know that surgery is the only option to give me the body that I want, and deserve (after all that hard work!)

sheli.bean
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I think my arms are going to be my biggest problem too. It is going to be what bugs me the most.

Quoting Janet:

I too lost 100 plus. My biggest problem is my arms! I want surgery! Have you looked in to it at all?

Quoting CLEKate:

sheli.bean
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM
So it does actually tighten up gradually? I know it will never be perfectly tight without surgery, but I'm glad to know it does eventually get better to a degree.

Quoting CLEKate:

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel ya!

I've been overweight my entire life so my elasticity is shot. I have a little bit of loose skin that I'm really hoping that working out will help with the remaining. I lost my boobies, too. They look like an orange in a nylon stocking. It's sad. That's the only thing I hate about my weight loss.

bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I only get it in my lower  tummy but I hate it I will be having a tummy tuck after I reach my goal this time I have just been waiting until I was done having babies I was huge and it never looks good no matter how much muscle I have underneath

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I've lost over 100 lbs, and honestly, while I have SOME loose skin, it's not that bad.  I think part of it is that I've lost slowly, and when I'm weight training, it makes a HUGE difference.

Here are a couple of progress pic of my belly (obviously not from the beginning of my journey, but over a few months along the way):

Above: 2/3/13

Below: 6/17/13

I wish I'd taken pics in September, when my six-pack was starting to peek through (!!!!!!!).  I'm in school, and haven't been working out as diligently as I was at the time or eating as well, so I'm mushy again, but my skin is still shrinking considerably.  I'm wrapping up something that's been a major time suck for me next week, and I'm getting back at it ASAP.  Of course, I'm having vascular surgery next month, which will take me out again for a couple of weeks, but as long as I eat ok, I'll be alright.

Point is, don't be afraid of the skin.  Eat right, strength train, drink plenty of water, and just keep at it.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

sheli.bean
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:49 PM
Great job on the weight loss! How long did it take you? How many kids do you have? How old are they? (Sorry for bombarding you lol)

Quoting musicpisces:

I've lost over 100 lbs, and honestly, while I have SOME loose skin, it's not that bad.  I think part of it is that I've lost slowly, and when I'm weight training, it makes a HUGE difference.

Here are a couple of progress pic of my belly (obviously not from the beginning of my journey, but over a few months along the way):

Above: 2/3/13

Below: 6/17/13

I wish I'd taken pics in September, when my six-pack was starting to peek through (!!!!!!!).  I'm in school, and haven't been working out as diligently as I was at the time or eating as well, so I'm mushy again, but my skin is still shrinking considerably.  I'm wrapping up something that's been a major time suck for me next week, and I'm getting back at it ASAP.  Of course, I'm having vascular surgery next month, which will take me out again for a couple of weeks, but as long as I eat ok, I'll be alright.

Point is, don't be afraid of the skin.  Eat right, strength train, drink plenty of water, and just keep at it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN