Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How long

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 15 Replies

Did it take for others to notice your weight loss? My parents just came back after being gone a month. I figured they would notice my weight loss. I have lost over 10 lbs and 5 inches this past month. They didn't notice and it's frustrating. I am doing it for me but it is always nice for people to notice. 

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM

a while.

I don't have people I see much other than the girls I zumba with and my family that I live with here- so it took probably a year or so before anyone said anything to me about it...girls who hadn't been to class for awhile were the ones who did

Alyson121
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Honestly, it too others at least a good 6 months to a year to notice.  And they only noticed when i wore shorts and a tank top

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Usually it has to be significant loss to be noticed for me.
xxBiteMExx
by Myra on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM
A while. I've lost 21 lbs so far and i don't see it...but my brother and my boss have noticed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cj123573
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM
It has to be a good 15lbs for people to notice on me
keisha613
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:25 AM
I've lost about 15lbs since last seeing my neighbor. She noticed right away, even though I was having a down day because I had gained 2lbs. I think different people notice at different times.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:14 AM

It takes a while mama...keep going!  Great job!

LizethPL
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM
I read somewhere it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your family and friends to notice & 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.
chsa00650
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

i sell a weight loss wrap and with the wraps i tell people this because of the inch loss they will lose but when it comes to weight its not about weeks because some people lose weight faster then others , i think it depends on how big you are. the bigger you are it seems like you nee to lose morte weight for it to be noticeable. for example if you weight 250 and lose 15 lbs people might not notice but if your 150lbs and you lose 15 lbs people will usually see the difference sooner 

sorry for the ba grammer im on my cell phone 

Quoting LizethPL: I read somewhere it takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your family and friends to notice & 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice.

bry36
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I say people really notice for me about  15 pounds to 20 pounds. I am very small through my arms and shoulders and belly . I carry all my extra weight in my outer thighs legs and butt so I think it takes awhile for people to notice on me .LOL I just had a co worker(female friend coworker)  tell me my butt looked smaller and I was likewell I hope so I have lost 20 pounds over the last 3 months .I mean I can tell every 5 or so as far as cloths fitting better and feeling better over all but other people don't notice changes that much I actually  last yr dyed my hair a light  brown and I am naturally very very blonde and it took lie 3 days for someone to ask if I had done something with my hair ??? really ?? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)