Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight loss surgery has anyone had it????

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  • 32 Replies
How many of yall have had some type of form of weight loss surgery ive been considering it i have tried alot things to help me and nothing is workin and i feel that this is the only thing that is gnna help me im 24 and weigh 260 ive gained 30 pounds in the last year and there is never a day that i hate my self for getting this way i havnt talked to my family about it my aunt also had the gastric bypass surgery n it help her alot and got rid of most of her medical problems shes had i want to do this for me and nobody else i habe a three year old daughter and i wanna see her grow and be there for her my biggest feat is getting like the ones on my 600 pound life and obesity runs in my family especillay on my mothers side shes heavy my brother me and my sister as well as my nephew and my aunts i want yalls input im bout to have another surgery for a tumor on my ovary and ive told my self im going to give it one more try for a year to see how much i loose and if i dont see results i want to get the surgery done yalls comments can be encourging or i know some can be really rude an mean and i dont need that on here thank yall
♥Live love laugh ♥
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:55 PM
What have you tried so far to lose weight?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Ive tried diet pills exercising eating healthy herbalife advocare and its like im just getting bigger i was always around 225 this is the heavest ive been i dnt know if its due to everything i been through and the stress and i dont know where to start again
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Okay, all the pills and stuff are just crap, so that's not surprising. As for eating healthy, were you tracking calories? If so, did you have someone do your BMR?

Quoting jordynnsmommy10: Ive tried diet pills exercising eating healthy herbalife advocare and its like im just getting bigger i was always around 225 this is the heavest ive been i dnt know if its due to everything i been through and the stress and i dont know where to start again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audmom1218
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I know about a dozen ppl who have hadthe surgery irl, 1 has kept the weight off but she's only 1 year post op. The rest have all gained back almost everything they've lost. (Maybe down 20lbd) and are also suffering malnutrition and a host if ither medical complications from the surgery.
lillybug222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I'm 29, 5'3" & started my weightloss journey back in January at 270#. If I can eat healthier, eat less, drink more water, exercise some, so can you! I've been overweight since I was 8 years old. This has been a long time coming, but by the Grace of God, I'm finally here. I'm using MFP, and I highly recommend it. It holds me accountable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quoting beadingmom17: Okay, all the pills and stuff are just crap, so that's not surprising. As for eating healthy, were you tracking calories? If so, did you have someone do your BMR?

Quoting jordynnsmommy10: Ive tried diet pills exercising eating healthy herbalife advocare and its like im just getting bigger i was always around 225 this is the heavest ive been i dnt know if its due to everything i been through and the stress and i dont know where to start again

I agree an u gain back double the weight i was but i think i was doin it wrong
KaliLeanne
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:38 PM
I have. Im 26. 6 months post op. Went from 317 pounds and wearing a size 26/28, down to 220 poumds and a size 14. Im also pregnant after being told id never get pregnant naturally. :)
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Quoting audmom1218: I know about a dozen ppl who have hadthe surgery irl, 1 has kept the weight off but she's only 1 year post op. The rest have all gained back almost everything they've lost. (Maybe down 20lbd) and are also suffering malnutrition and a host if ither medical complications from the surgery.

I know of a few whos gained all the weight back and then had the surgery again and gained it all back again and then ive seen ones that looks sonsick and anorexic an i kno ill never be a twig n i dont want to as for my aunt she look real sick at first when she lost alot of weight but now shes goin on three years an shes at her weight shes suppose to be at
Ang9403
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM
I had it, I'm 10 months post op went from 240 to 119.
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Quoting lillybug222: I'm 29, 5'3" & started my weightloss journey back in January at 270#. If I can eat healthier, eat less, drink more water, exercise some, so can you! I've been overweight since I was 8 years old. This has been a long time coming, but by the Grace of God, I'm finally here. I'm using MFP, and I highly recommend it. It holds me accountable!

An its women like you that give me hope and motivation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)