Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is this sort of pain normal post workout?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

I will have excruciating pain in my joints, and primarily in my diaphragm for 3-5 days after each workout. My workouts usually only last about 45 minutes to an hour. My last work out was 3 days ago and I have not been able to do anything because of the pain. If I sneeze or cough, it feels as if I am being punched in the ribs. Today I had to walk to work and each step caused more and more dizziness and chest pain. My entire body feels like a big bruise that is being poked any time I make a movement. I am not new to working out, but it only seems to be getting worse.

Oh and I'd like to add some details about my size and age. I am 21, 5'0, and around 105 lbs. 

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mybratsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Dizziness and chest pain? No.  I've been so sore it hurts to sneeze, cough, etc.  where it's felt like I'm bruised, beaten or possibly broken, but not dizzy or painful breathing days after.  I have had broken ribs and experienced similar pains tough.

id get to a doctor and have it checked out, just to make sure everything is okay.  Best wishes.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Yeah, I don't think that's normal.  I'd get checked out mama.  Hugs!

Blessed2585
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I am sorry that you are in this much pain. I would really go talk to your doctor.

Cherie74
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I would say no. Sore abs/chest muscles can really do a number on you, but you shouldn't feel dizzy. Unless you aren't eating enough?? I'd get it checked out, especially since you aren't new to working out.

bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I had a similar pain a few weeks ago it hurt to freaking breath I though oh I didn't stretch good enough or my backs just out and in a few days it will be better next day it was just as bad and it wasn't just oh sore muscles so I decided to go in and have it looked at becks I was really miserable  I actually had dislocated3 ribs and they had to be popped back in then I didn't wait more than a day to get back to working out because I felt so much better it was just more of a sore muscle pain after they put them back in and I popped them back out and had to have them popped back in again it wasn't fun at all but I was ticked it took me out of my routine even longer becasue I was to impatient to let them heal for longer than 24 hrs

lulalacroix
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Sounds like an injury.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN