Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How Healthy is your Ticker??

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 6 Replies
I have a pretty well conditioned heart just based on my resting heart rate. Normal is 60-100.

Mine is generally in the mid 50's, which indicates my fitness level is good and my heart is also well conditioned. Some people never reach a slower rate and that's okay.

Here's how you can tell, do this with your next work out:

Find your max heart rate for you "calendar age". 220-age.
Mine: 220-28=192.

Do your cardio (at the normal level you typically do) and after 3 minutes, check your heart rate (do it for real, not what the machines tell you). See if your heart is within 80-90% of your max.
Mine: 80%= 192 x .80= 154
90%= 192 x .90= 173

Finish your cardio but this time don't do your cool down, just abruptly stop and recheck your rate after 2 minutes.

If you got to 80% or greater to your max heart rate of, if your heart rate decreased by 66 beats in the 2 minutes, you're heart is 5 years younger than your calendar age indicating a healthy heart :)!

That means I do act how I feel, not my age. Yay! Lol

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lulalacroix
by Lula on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I will have to check during my next cardio.  :)

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that's poop lol because my 'max heart rate' is 197 and I've hit that during a moderate(for me) cardio workout. Then again I have a high resting heart rate at 95.

Ill do the health check at my next cardio day though....=P lol
Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My resting HR is between 58-62 usually, and my max HR would be 186. I used to check how quickly I recovered after running, but I haven't checked in a while. I'll do this tonight after my cardio!
Erinelizz
by Erin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, my heart rate was 164 throughout my cardio (elliptical), and after 3 minutes it dropped to 94.

I'll do the math later...just wanted to get my numbers recorded before I forgot!

Quoting Erinelizz: My resting HR is between 58-62 usually, and my max HR would be 186. I used to check how quickly I recovered after running, but I haven't checked in a while. I'll do this tonight after my cardio!
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:24 AM
Resting is between 47-55. I'll check others tomorrow while I run.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Thanks for sharing...I'll have to check mine!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)