Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Want to eat everything when I have AF

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

I seriously gain about 2 pounds every single month I have AF I feel famished and almost like I lose all will power for about a week .Normally I have my diet perfected and it doesn't feel like a struggle at all .,Do you ladies do this? how do you deal with the hunger ?I usually can shed the 2 pounds the week after but its frustrating to always have that set back every month .Any suggestions .

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I'm right there with you. I tried my hardest to control it, but this was my first cycle in 3 months (yay, PCOS), so it was rough. I may or may not have taken out an entire chocolate pie in the last two days :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheli.bean
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM
I feel exactly the same. To a T! And it's always meat that I want! I usually have pretty good self control, but not then!
bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:30 PM

we have been TTC the last couple yrs and so I haven't been on BCPs but having issues on DH end so we may not be able to conceive after all .  When I am on BCPs I am fine my hormones are more even and I don't go into starvation mode during AF .I am one of those weird people who lose weight on birth control and gain off of them  .Since we might not be able to have another baby I am just torn if I am ready to give up yet and  just go back on the pill at this point  because that is pretty final as far as never having a second kid since I am almost 38  but I know it wouldhelp with my hormones staying more even plus I usually go on the seasonal ones so I only would have to deal with Af every 3 months which seriously I love !!! . But just sad to close that door too .

But seriously I cannot control how hungry I am right now. I def could eat a whole pie for sure and not sure it would last longer than one sitting  hahah .I am not going crazy still eating fruits and veggies but them I find myself in the kitchen having a handful  of nuts half a bagel a handful of coco pebbles and before I know it I am way over my calories for the day and still feeling famished .I was thinking of trying something I saw on Dr Oz the other day its called hulled barley its supposed to expand in your tummy after you eat it and help you feel fuller .I don't know if I can find it ,I live in a pretty small town or if it works but I guess its worth a shot I have never tried appetite suppressants from like GNC because I like to be more natural if I can and not sure of they really work or not but somethings got to give here .

Quoting beadingmom17: I'm right there with you. I tried my hardest to control it, but this was my first cycle in 3 months (yay, PCOS), so it was rough. I may or may not have taken out an entire chocolate pie in the last two days :/

bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My down fall is carbs carbs and more carbs which is always my go to comfort food but I do so well staying clear for the most part but I could eat a whole bag of bagels right now with a side of banana nut muffin LOL

Quoting sheli.bean: I feel exactly the same. To a T! And it's always meat that I want! I usually have pretty good self control, but not then!

lulalacroix
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM

The only sign I get that af is coming, is my strong food cravings.  Mine last for a couple of days.  Logging my food into mfp is helping me now to keep good track of where I am, foodwise.

bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:42 PM

mine last about 4 days maybe. I log ever thing I put in my mouth and keep a strict calorie guide line normally I even have to eat a bit more than I even feel like  to hit my daily goal but I just blow it out of the water when I am on AF even if I am making healthy choices on what to eat I just pick and pick and pretty soon the whole bag of nuts is gone and its a 6 serving bag LOL on top of a little of this and a little of that

Quoting lulalacroix:

The only sign I get that af is coming, is my strong food cravings.  Mine last for a couple of days.  Logging my food into mfp is helping me now to keep good track of where I am, foodwise.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM

I'm with you mama!  Hugs!

jg21410
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:08 AM
You are not alone...i feel the same way...and i always crave carbs as well.

Quoting bry36:

My down fall is carbs carbs and more carbs which is always my go to comfort food but I do so well staying clear for the most part but I could eat a whole bag of bagels right now with a side of banana nut muffin LOL

Quoting sheli.bean: I feel exactly the same. To a T! And it's always meat that I want! I usually have pretty good self control, but not then!

bry36
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM

featured cool !!! think my hormones are back in check haha didn't try to eat all my sons cereal before handing it to him this morning bahaha

Anonymously3
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:47 PM

I have the same problem.then once I get it I don't want to eat at all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN