Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My Fitness Pal

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  • 16 Replies

Does My Fitness Pal really work? What are the benefits?  Is it accurate? Are there better options?

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KMAsMommy9182
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Someone, anyone....PLEASE!

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:32 PM
I love mfp! I'm not using their diet plan though, just to help track my foods/calories/nutrients/etc. I like that I can scan my foods and their database is HUGE. I have a large support system there to help encourage me. I've tried other apps like lose it and spark people but they don't nearly have as large of a database or options.
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, I'm using it and happy with the results but I"m not a very active member so you might want to get an answer from someone else, lol

srehman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I've used it and have the app. I don't do anything except count calories and exercise though. However, I purchased a fitbit and I am IN LOVE! with it. It counts calories burned, miles walked and steps taken. It's great and the app is free and you fill in your goals and it sets your calories for you . You log in your food and water. I love it! It makes me challenge myself to actually take 10k steps daily! It's great! I call it my bestie :)
2salernos
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:42 AM
How much is the fitbit did u purchase online?

Quoting srehman: I've used it and have the app. I don't do anything except count calories and exercise though. However, I purchased a fitbit and I am IN LOVE! with it. It counts calories burned, miles walked and steps taken. It's great and the app is free and you fill in your goals and it sets your calories for you . You log in your food and water. I love it! It makes me challenge myself to actually take 10k steps daily! It's great! I call it my bestie :)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:10 AM

MFP is a great tool for tracking your calories.  I wouldn't use their calorie goals though...I would go by your BMR.  Good luck!

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
I love mfp for tracking my calories. They have a really easy to use phone app. There are a bunch of fitness products that sync with it. It's a good one.
srehman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The one I purchased was at Walmart and it was on clearance for 48$. You can buy then online.

Quoting 2salernos: How much is the fitbit did u purchase online?

Quoting srehman: I've used it and have the app. I don't do anything except count calories and exercise though. However, I purchased a fitbit and I am IN LOVE! with it. It counts calories burned, miles walked and steps taken. It's great and the app is free and you fill in your goals and it sets your calories for you . You log in your food and water. I love it! It makes me challenge myself to actually take 10k steps daily! It's great! I call it my bestie :)
lapcounter
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:12 AM
I like it because it keeps me informed for the day where I am at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jg21410
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I use it to count calories, and track my macros. Its great for support as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)