Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

HELP!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM
  • 7 Replies
What do you do to get over a super sore muscle?

I usually do the heat therapy patches but the pain in my back is diffuse. I set a new PR yesterday with my deadlift (155lbs) and my last one I used all of my back and shoulder muscles instead of my legs, by accident (last rep, my hand was slipping and was about to drop it coming up and to keep it from dropping, I went poor form).

My back kills today, worse than my legs. The shitty part? Today is triceps and back. Lol
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Ice can help, especially in the case of a sudden injury (like a pull or tear).  

Tylenol body pain does it for me, but I only use that when it is really bad.

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:06 PM
I wonder if an epsom salt bath could help.

Quoting LDavis33:

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I use epsom salts regularly.  I find they really help.  Just make sure you add enough salts to the bath (it takes quite a bit to be effective).  You can also just soak a cloth in warm water and epsom salts and apply it to the sore area.

Quoting BeAmour: I wonder if an epsom salt bath could help.
Quoting LDavis33:

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM
It's my entire back.

Quoting LDavis33:

I use epsom salts regularly.  I find they really help.  Just make sure you add enough salts to the bath (it takes quite a bit to be effective).  You can also just soak a cloth in warm water and epsom salts and apply it to the sore area.

Quoting LDavis33:

LDavis33
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM

Ouch! Definitely try an epsom salt bath (you can buy scented ones at Walmart, I love Dr. Teals Chamomile).  A massage might help as well.  

Quoting BeAmour: It's my entire back.
Quoting LDavis33:

Quoting LDavis33:

lulalacroix
by Lula on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I definitely recommend the epsom salt baths.  I use them about 3x per week and it's amazing for sore muscles.  (plus epsom salts can temporarily make your waist about 2" smaller for a period of time)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:36 AM

I'm not sure but hope it gets better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)