AB-solutely Fabulous for Spring Challenge Day 4: Bicycle Crunches, Vertical Leg Crunches & Planks
Welcome to Day 4 of the AB-solutely Fabulous for Spring Challenge!
Make sure you post everyday after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
Bicycle Crunches: 30 seconds
Vertical Leg Crunches: 30 reps
Planks: 60 seconds
Walk/Jog/Run: 15+ minutes
Here is today's clean recipe:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each yellow, orange and green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 lb lean beef tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large skillet on medium-high. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are soft. Add bell peppers and roasted peppers and cook for 2 minutes, until onions are golden brown. Add beef and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add broth and bring to a simmer over same heat. Simmer for 2 minutes, until steak is cooked through. Remove from heat, stir in basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve beef mixture over quinoa.
If you’re not hankering for red meat this evening, you can just as easily try shrimp in its place without having to worry about longer cooking times. Whether you leave the shrimp tails on or off is completely up to you!
Will/did you do the 3 exercises of the day?
How do you feel after today's AB workout?
Do you like stir-fry?
How do you prepare yours?
Share your recipes with us!