Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aggravated......hurt......blah!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

I've been working so hard at losing weight and getting healthy.  Met up with family...siblings....sisters...Some I had not seen in about a year.  One of my sisters introduced me to women as her "anorexic sister".  Repeatedly.  When I told her to stop, that it was mean...her response, "I know".  I said, why are you saying that....I'm not anorexic...Her response, "because you had a fat ass, and now you don't."  Needless to say, I've spent the last two days, eating non-stop....Sweets on top of sweets.  I'm aggravated at myself that I let someone get to me like that.  And sabotage all my progress!  More mad at myself than her.  I'm stronger than this! Ugh........

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Monsita
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:45 AM
Hugs.

So sorry your sister was cruel to you.
Please, do not allow her or anyone to make you do things, that are not good for you.
Your worth and value is greater than this, so stop....no more extra sweets, ok?
lulalacroix
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:48 AM

That sucks.  I understand though cause my family acts the same way.  You can't change her behavior, you can only change your response.  :)

mjgm1966
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Thank you.  And yes you are right.  Today, I'm taking back control.  I've come too far to go back now! No More Sweets. :)

Quoting Monsita: Hugs. So sorry your sister was cruel to you. Please, do not allow her or anyone to make you do things, that are not good for you. Your worth and value is greater than this, so stop....no more extra sweets, ok?

mjgm1966
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You are exactly right.  I'm going to work harder than ever to stay healthy!  I'm stronger than this!  Thank you.

Quoting lulalacroix:

That sucks.  I understand though cause my family acts the same way.  You can't change her behavior, you can only change your response.  :)

Monsita
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:04 AM
That is the spirit!
That is the real fighter, talking!
So glad you realize, you have what it takes to stop!!

Quoting mjgm1966:

Thank you.  And yes you are right.  Today, I'm taking back control.  I've come too far to go back now! No More Sweets. :)

Quoting Monsita: Hugs. So sorry your sister was cruel to you. Please, do not allow her or anyone to make you do things, that are not good for you. Your worth and value is greater than this, so stop....no more extra sweets, ok?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Big hugs mama!  That was horrible of your sister to say that....especially after you shared your feelings with her.  

mjgm1966
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Thank you, Darby. I'm not the confrontational type.  Never have been and never will be.  This particular sister is always making jabs at me.  That's why I distance myself from her.....But, I'm moving forward.  I've got much more important things in life to focus on.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Big hugs mama!  That was horrible of your sister to say that....especially after you shared your feelings with her.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)