Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Need to lose about 30-40 in

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM
  • 14 Replies

less than 5 months.... i know it can be done... please help me on what i need to do... there is a lil gym at my apartment complex that i'm gonna start using,and then i have a jeep stroller i can put my 10 month old in... and my 4yr can walk... does going to the park with these boys count as a workout just by playing with them? oh and i'm starting off at around 166lbs.... NEED it GONE!!!!  i've been wanting to lose weight for a long time now... i've had 3 boys and my gut needs to seriously GO!!! lol so if you have anything to assist me in losing this weight,please let me know...  any info is GREATLY appreciated... I have a friends wedding to go to in september,and she's requesting the ladies wear a sundress and the guys wear something beachy,its gonna be on the beach in florida..

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamaslilbear10
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:30 AM

oh i also live in florida... just wanted to clarify that,lol...

amberlynn1218
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:03 PM
First start by cleaning up your diet. Eat less processed foods by shopping the outside aisles of the grocery store. Drink more water! You should aim for half your body weight in ounces DAILY. Cut out sugary drinks!

Yes, playing at the park does count! :) I would aim for trying I get in 30 min workouts at least 4 to 5 days a week.

Do you have any old workout DVDs at home you could start using? There's also tons of free ones online if you look around for them on YouTube.
Mamaslilbear10
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

holy crap,it'd be 83 ounces of water a day... thats a lot of water... like what type of foods? idk how to really make anything without it being in a package with instructions... lol i just ran with my son in the stroller for 30 minutes... i'm trying for 6 days a week with 1 rest day... i need to lose weight sorta quick...

proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I do the cafemom studios exercise videos on youtube from monday to friday and it is wonderful you should try it and subscribe to their channel.

amberlynn1218
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Skinnytaste.com and graciouspantry.com are two great sites. Both have easy instructions. :)

I know it seems like a ton of water! It takes time to get that habit going. I started at 184 lbs last August and I'm 5 foot 8. Excess pregnant weight I couldn't lose.

As of today I am 154lbs. I cleaned up my diet and started drinking half my body weight in ounces. (Took about 3 mos to build up to that.) and I found a workout program I could do at home for 5 days a week.

Quoting Mamaslilbear10:

holy crap,it'd be 83 ounces of water a day... thats a lot of water... like what type of foods? idk how to really make anything without it being in a package with instructions... lol i just ran with my son in the stroller for 30 minutes... i'm trying for 6 days a week with 1 rest day... i need to lose weight sorta quick...

mama_lively
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:35 PM
I'm tryingbn to lose 50 pounds by october
mama_lively
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I live in florida too what area do you live in
Mamaslilbear10
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Jax

Quoting mama_lively: I live in florida too what area do you live in

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM
On Pinterest search "clean eating" I meal plan with Pinterest.

Once you start drinking a lot of water it becomes easy and you'll crave it. I drink a gallon daily.

That's a lot to lose so quickly. With clean eating and exercise you'll lose tho.

Eating foods as close to their natural state as possible is the best for your body. Boxed stuff is poison.

Smoothies may be a good option for you. Greens, frozen fruit ect.
almburr
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Less processed the better. Lean cuts of meat grilled, fresh or frozen veggies, fresh or frozen fruits( not in syrup)

Go to the library- clean eating cookbooks

The magazine- Clean Eating.

Make mini and long term goals

Also lift weights, heavy weights not the 2# dumbbells.

Bodybuilding.com
Oxygen.com

Water lots of water! I put lemons or limes along with berries into my water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)