Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Runners! Please help!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
I applied for a CO position I got through my first part today but tomorrow I have to do the physical portion. I'm really nervous. I need to be able to do 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. Amongst other things. Please give me tips on accomplishing this!!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
_abeauty92
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Well. Track your miles . Download an app called "mapmyrun" I run 5x a week. I started running one mile in 16minutes, now I run 1 mile in about 7.30minutes. To be honest I think It takes time and building your Strenght cardiovascular and leg,muscle, joint strength. If you haven't been running I hardly doubt you can accomplish 1.5miles in 15 minutes, everything is possible though , control your breathing, and find a steady pace, mine is 8.1min , good luck .
MommyJill87
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM
You can def do it! When I walk even with my kids I can do .25 miles in five minutes just walking!

Good luck!
Ilovemybbgrl
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Quoting MommyJill87: You can def do it! When I walk even with my kids I can do .25 miles in five minutes just walking!

Good luck!

Thank you for the encouragement =]
croneasm
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:36 PM

How did it go?

Ilovemybbgrl
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting croneasm:

How did it go?

It was great! I received an offer today for the academy. I barely made it. BUT I did! I need to get a faster time but I have some time to prepare! Hopefully it's enough time!
srehman
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:47 PM
My only advice is keep a steady pace and build from there since you passed and need to work on timing. I do a lot of intervals. Usually with the chorus of the song I push up my speed.
But, running every so often with a steady pace builds strength and breathing technique. But, incorporate intervals. That's what I've learned since I've started running.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Do a run walk of 3 min run 1 min walk use runkeeper app
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)