Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I think this would fall in the health category?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM
  • 13 Replies
I know I'm not a mom but I need help with this. Okay so this may be a little lengthy. I had my first period when I was 12... I had it regularly through august, September, and October then it kind of just... Went away. I'm now 15, almost 16, and I still haven't had it again. I talked to my mom but she sounds like she could care less and when I broke my ankle I went to a hospital and the nurse asked about my period and I told her everything that was going on and she said she'd have to talk to me afterward but then she got rushed out to help other patients... I just don't know what to do.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Are you pregnant? Underweight? Do you mind if I ask why you're on here if you're not a mom? Sorry if my questions seem rude, they're not meant to be
sheli.bean
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Yes, this is kind of a strange place to post a question like this....But, I suggest you make a doctor's appointment. It's normal to have an irregular period when you're young, but not normal to not have a period for years. If you have a regular gyno, I think it's time to give them a call. Talk to your mom again and tell her that you're concerned.
SidneyT
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:17 PM
Not pregnant, not underweight and no your question wasn't rude. I totally understand. I just figured it would be best to ask moms.

Quoting youllneverknow: Are you pregnant? Underweight? Do you mind if I ask why you're on here if you're not a mom? Sorry if my questions seem rude, they're not meant to be
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:39 PM
You can make an Appt at planned parenthood if you're worried about confidentiality.
Erinelizz
by Erin on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM
I would also suggest making an appointment with your doctor, or even call Planned Parenthood. That's what I would do if I were your mom!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I'm about to be a nurse, and I agree that you should see your doctor or go to Planned Parenthood.  They can test your hormone levels and see what's going on.  There are a ton of reasons this could be happening.

Are you sexually active?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

SidneyT
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Why planned parenthood ? There's no way I could even have the slightest chance of being pregnant.

Quoting Erinelizz: I would also suggest making an appointment with your doctor, or even call Planned Parenthood. That's what I would do if I were your mom!
SidneyT
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM
I'm not sexually active.

Quoting musicpisces:

I'm about to be a nurse, and I agree that you should see your doctor or go to Planned Parenthood.  They can test your hormone levels and see what's going on.  There are a ton of reasons this could be happening.

Are you sexually active?

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM

These ladies have some good advice...good luck!

Erinelizz
by Erin on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Planned Parenthood offers way more than just prenatal care and abortions. When I was a teenager, that's where I went for my routine exams because my mom never took me to the doctor.

Quoting SidneyT: Why planned parenthood ? There's no way I could even have the slightest chance of being pregnant.

Quoting Erinelizz: I would also suggest making an appointment with your doctor, or even call Planned Parenthood. That's what I would do if I were your mom!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN