Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

fit bit

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
Which one is best. On eBay there's a fitbit one and a fitbit zip. Do they work good. I'm confused here.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bry36
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I actually almost just bought one but I watched a few YouTube videos and I cant really see the benefit over just doing my fitness pal for me at least other than maybe the part where it helps look at your sleep patterns but other than that you still have to be on your phone a lot as far as I couldtell and honestly if you have to enter stuff on to your phone I might as well just do MFP.BUT that being said if you want it for the part where you can keep track of your steps than maybe ,personally I don't really look at that I just keep track of distance on my treadmill because that's really the only time I walk during the day because I have a desk job but I that can be a very motivating insentive to make sure you get a certain amount of steps in . If I was going to get one I was going to get the Fitbit Force .

momlovestorun
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:40 PM
I have the force and love it.

It it much more accurate than MFP in my opinion. And it tracks all day movement not just workouts you enter.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM

I have a Fitbit Flex which is the bracelet. It tracks total calorie burn,sleep and steps..you can enter food into the database as well. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:43 PM
It doesn't work for weightlifting though right?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I have a Fitbit Flex which is the bracelet. It tracks total calorie burn,sleep and steps..you can enter food into the database as well. 

krn210
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

This is what I have too. I really like it!

Quoting mcginnisc:

srehman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:40 PM
I have a fitbit one (I think it's the cheapest of them) but it tracks ally calories burned, steps taken, and miles walked! It's fabulous! One of them were voluntarily recalled due to an allergy some people were having to it. However, my friend has the flex (wrist band) and she wears hers all day... Even in the shower! Anyway, if you're just wanting something simple go with the one. It even counts my "steps" taken in spin class! I love it! I call it my bestie!!! Lol
Mi_Chelly
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:35 AM

The difference between the Zip and the One is; sleep. The One will track your sleep for you, while the Zip will only track active walking. 

I personally bought it for tracking my sleep, so I started out with the One. Fell in love with it. I have taken my sleep reports to my doctors because no matter when I go to bed, I get roughly 3 hours of actual sleep, the rest of the time I am "restless" which is hurting me. 

When my husband left for Korea, I sent him my One and bought the Force. They recalled the Force, and I said I would keep it until something forced my hand. well, a day spent too long in the sun forced my hand, and my skin started to rash. I am sending it in for the refund and moved onto the Flex. 

I have mine set up with both MFP and Lose It, I like the Lose It app/site better, but I am finding more friends and family use MFP, booo lol. 

Eyelashes23
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:25 AM
I just bought the fitbit flex yesterday so let's see how it works
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 6, 2014 at 2:57 AM

I had a One when it first came out (after having the Ultra), and I really liked it.  It fell off the first time I went for a run with it (the ONE time I didn't wear the leash I purchased).  I am now considering another One.  I like that it connects wirelessly with my computer, so I don't have to take it off and attach it to the charger.  I also like that it tracks sleep and the alarm feature seems cool (never used it).  That's the stuff that makes me choose it over the Zip.

I would HIGHLY recommend buying one from Amazon or somewhere more traceable than eBay.  If something goes wrong, you want to be able to work with Fitbit.  I had some issues with the Ultra (not very Mac compatible), and went round and round with them, thankfully with them replacing it a few times.  It was BEYOND frustrating, but at least they back up their products, which is why I won't get one on Craigslist or eBay.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I have the Fitbit one and it's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN