AB-solutely Fabulous for Spring Challenge Day 14: Bicycle Crunches, Vertical Leg Crunches & Planks
Welcome to Day 14 of the AB-solutely Fabulous for Spring Challenge!
You did it! You reached the end of the AB challenge!
Make sure you post today after you have completed the daily exercises.
Here are today's exercises:
Bicycle Crunches: 30+ seconds
Vertical Leg Crunches: 30+ reps
Planks: 60+ seconds
Make sure you walk/jog/run at least 15 minutes a day!
Here is today's clean recipe:
- 2 redskin potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped into slivers
- 3/4 lb extra-lean ground pork
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Add potatoes, cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Pierce potatoes with a knife to make sure they’re tender, then remove from heat and drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, sauté zucchini and onion in 1 1/2 tsp oil over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly to prevent garlic from burning. Stir in pork, peas, corn and paprika. Cook for 5 more minutes, making sure that all ingredients are evenly distributed across the surface of pan.
- Remove pork mixture from heat and stir in bell pepper, tomato and lemon juice. Cover with lid to keep warm while finishing potatoes.
- Gently toss potatoes with remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil. Add sage and thyme and season with salt and black pepper. Place about 1/2 cup potatoes alongside quarter of pork mixture on each plate, then crumble quarter of cheese over top before serving.
Will/did you do the 3 exercises of the day?
What are you making for dinner tonight?
Share your recipes with us!