Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Quick question

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
I was wanting to try slim fast or some other drink that will substitute a meal is that a good idea what are some good one
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_heather
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM

IT really depends on your goals and your price range. Slimfast has different fake additives and ingredients. It is on the cheaper side so that appeals to some, but when you look at it on a healthy scale, its not as great as others.

I drink Shakeology. It can be a meal replacement, but it doesnt necesarily have to replace a major meal. I drink it for breakfast, because I dont have much time to cook or eat. Some drink it after workouts or as a late night snack when they need calories and nutrition.

Shakeology has no fake ingredients, over 70 superfoods. With Shakeology I have more energy, I stay regular, I have no negative food cravings and I have become to the healthiest point in my life.

sokolowski
by Lady T on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM
I have heard of that too it can be a bit up there in price do give out samples before you commit to buying

Quoting x_heather:

IT really depends on your goals and your price range. Slimfast has different fake additives and ingredients. It is on the cheaper side so that appeals to some, but when you look at it on a healthy scale, its not as great as others.

I drink Shakeology. It can be a meal replacement, but it doesnt necesarily have to replace a major meal. I drink it for breakfast, because I dont have much time to cook or eat. Some drink it after workouts or as a late night snack when they need calories and nutrition.

Shakeology has no fake ingredients, over 70 superfoods. With Shakeology I have more energy, I stay regular, I have no negative food cravings and I have become to the healthiest point in my life.

x_heather
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM

It can be up there in price for people. And its not for everone. When people are really dedicated to make the changes lifestyle change, thats when they invest in themselves.

I have some samples now, and I am placing another order on the 16th, if you would be interested in trying. I can message you more information if you would like :)

Quoting sokolowski: I have heard of that too it can be a bit up there in price do give out samples before you commit to buying
Quoting x_heather:

sokolowski
by Lady T on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Yes please do

Quoting x_heather:

It can be up there in price for people. And its not for everone. When people are really dedicated to make the changes lifestyle change, thats when they invest in themselves. I have some samples now, and I am placing another order on the 16th, if you would be interested in trying. I can message you more information if you would like :)

Quoting sokolowski: I have heard of that too it can be a bit up there in price do give out samples before you commit to buying

Quoting x_heather:

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Is juicing or making your own shakes an option?
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM

I prefer to eat my food.  I do like smoothies though...I typically have one for breakfast or for a snack:)

srehman
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:56 PM
No. Plain and simple. I find for myself and lifestyle that if I'm too busy, I make myself a protein shake with almond milk and frozen fruit. I get calories, nutrition and the benefits of quick and easy. Without the consequence of deprivation. That's how I feel about those shakes. (Slim fast, herba life etc). We all
Have to do what we feel is in our best interest. So, it's just my opinion. Please find a better alternative.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM

if you read slim fast- it tells you to eat with it! *I got one package of it a few years ago and that was it...once I realised you were supposed to eat too I though what is the point?!

NOW- I would not do any of those  (no shakes, drinks, pills...)- I'd just eat regular food.

sokolowski
by Lady T on Apr. 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Im looking for something mainly for breakfast and snack I find myself skipping breakfast because im too busy to eat and then when lunch comes im so hungry I eat anything in sight

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I prefer to eat my food.  I do like smoothies though...I typically have one for breakfast or for a snack:)

lulalacroix
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I skip meals as well then get ravenous.  So I pack cheesesticks, fruit or walnuts to bring with me.  Personally I prefer to eat my calories so the drink wouldn't work for me.  Good luck finding something that works for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN