Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Bra's are bad for your health?

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM
  • 22 Replies
http://www.inquisitr.com/1202191/your-bra-may-be-killing-you-scientists-call-for-boycott-of-komen/#kEtFfAEW4LeWPFdl.01

I read this article today.
I am not like most women. I love my bra's. wear them day and night. Only without one for bathing/swimming/etc. I clearly missed the memo about how they are supposed to be uncomfortable and annoying. I have literally worn one day and night since for the last 18ish years.
Well according to the article I'm 125% more likely to have breast cancer. Scary.
I mentioned the article to a friend and a SIL..and they both knew. How did I miss this information?
Apparently quite a few women know this information and are running home and whipping them off for their health. I clearly missed out on this information.
I may be attempting to attempt to sleep bra free..*chilly*..like I said I'm not a fan.

What do you think about the information?
Did you already know?
Thoughts?
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LittleBlueOwl
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh I hate bras. But it's probably bc all of mine are too small and I don't know how to move up from a 38b. So hopefully when I get this weight off they will feel better. I used to be like you when I was a teen. I never went without a bra. Now I'm hardly halfway hinge and it's coming off lol
JeremysMom
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I read that article a few days ago and it is poorly written. They talk about a study but never cite their sources or the study itself. 

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I don't find bras uncomfortable... but I do not like sleeping in a bra. I like my tatas free
cc5112
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM

I heard about this some time ago. The toxins that accumulate due to compression in the lymph nodes are supposedly not riddled with cancer cells. I agree with the other poster that the article is poorly written with no studies cited. According to this article you can make the leap that this same accumulation of toxins in your legs will give your legs cancer if you fly frequently. 

That said, I don't sleep with a bra because it's uncomfortable. 

lulalacroix
by Lula on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:01 AM

I stopped wearing a bra about 4/5 months ago.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:31 AM

Wow...I could never get away with that.  My boobs are too big!  LOL!

Quoting lulalacroix:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:32 AM

Honestly I hate wearing a bra most of the time.  I wear one all the time except for sleeping.

lulalacroix
by Lula on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Lol.  I was a size H, now I'm an F.  I stopped wearing bras because they hurt too much.  I wear very tight tanks with the built in shelf bra.  And I'm lucky that they are still perky.  Maybe not for long after my weight loss though.  :(

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Wow...I could never get away with that.  My boobs are too big!  LOL!

Quoting lulalacroix:

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:00 AM

I rarely wear a bra, even to work. 

3Xthelove
by Heather on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:51 AM
I always wear one, even a sports bra to bed. I do not like the free feeling. I've been wearing a bra all the time since I was in high school. I've even worn one with a swimsuit. I hate feeling saggy....and three kids did a number on my breasts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)