Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I lost over 70 lbs and gained it back

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
Well not all of it, but 40lbs of it and I'm finally in a head space to get it back off again. My first weigh in was at 203 lbs in May 2011. I got down to my lowest at 131 in Feb 2013. I was too thin, but I was dying to see the 120s. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't sustain that kind of weight for my body type and it was a slow, downward spiral from there. I had lost all reality and perspective and as I gained it back I fell into a terrible depression that has cycled back and forth. Something happened last week and I hit my rock bottom and today I am a week back into eating clean and working out. I'm back into that right frame of mind and progress is happening. My goal is to get back to my happy weight which is 138. Nice to see you ladies again :)
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Apr. 17, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Welcome back..even if it is for the reason to lose again.
((Hugs))
Write down your goals now..while you are in a good place..and keep them handy.
That way when you get so far in and start to lose track, you can pull it out and remind yourself.
Be good to youyourself.
You can do this!
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 17, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Welcome back and big hugs mama!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 17, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Welcome back! :)

wave

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:23 PM
I'm in a similar boat. I lost 50 lbs and have gained almost 40 lbs back. I got really depressed about it too but it's not gonna change unless I change it. It's so hard. Good luck to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Welcome back!

takenbytatted
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Glad you're back! Had a similiar situation where I lost 75 lbs. Kept it off for a year than got really depressed and was just in a really bad place in my life. I gained about 60 lbs. back It took me a couple years to finally say I'm done feeling this way, I'm done doing this to myself and my family, I'm done trying to feed my emotions with bad things. Been going strong since January!

Quoting ZakTuffMavsMom: Well not all of it, but 40lbs of it and I'm finally in a head space to get it back off again. My first weigh in was at 203 lbs in May 2011. I got down to my lowest at 131 in Feb 2013. I was too thin, but I was dying to see the 120s. I couldn't do it. I just couldn't sustain that kind of weight for my body type and it was a slow, downward spiral from there. I had lost all reality and perspective and as I gained it back I fell into a terrible depression that has cycled back and forth. Something happened last week and I hit my rock bottom and today I am a week back into eating clean and working out. I'm back into that right frame of mind and progress is happening. My goal is to get back to my happy weight which is 138. Nice to see you ladies again :)
MunchiesMom324
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Me too. I was 195 last feb, took nearly 9mo to lose 25 lbs. My goal is eventually 140, but i havent even seen 150s in three years. The holidays happened, and i was back to 193. I got down to 185 watching my calories, then an abscessed tooth caused me to hit 179 in a matter of days.
ballerina18
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 11:42 PM

Welcome back. It looks like you have a great attitude! =)

coachStefanieS
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM

You can do it! If your mind is in the right place and you want it bad enough you will do it. I wish you the best!

LillysMom12
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Sounds like you are in the right mindset and doing the right things to be successful! Keep up the clean eating and exercise and you will lose weight in no time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)