Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

weight loss advice

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

I have struggled with my wieght most of my life. I was good until my sr year of high school when my parents moved me 800 miles away from the only friends and boyfriend (now husband!!) i ever knew. Thats when the weight started adding on. I am an emotional and bordom eater. Since then I have gained just over 100 lbs. also had a baby during that time. We were in some financial issues and in a rut for quite a while anyway we have taken care of most of our debt and moved to a place that we are happy. My husband has made it possible for me to be a home mom and love it. I recently started online school! My husband works t - f swing shift. So I have a lot of time on my hands. I hate to admit when my son is asleep i get lazy.. I always make excuses and say later. But then later becomes later and then bed. I have cut almost all processed food. I cook almost all our meals from scratch. i have cut soda to 1 or 2 a week. I have amazon prime so i can do the exercise videos. What are your suggestions & things you have done?

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:28 AM

Welcome to the group!  Diet is key here...fruits, veggies, lean protein, and little processed food.  Hugs!

LillysMom12
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Bodies are built in the kitchen! I tend to get lazy in the afternoon but I KNOW that and plan around it. I do my recumbent bike in my room as soon as I wake up 5 days a week 30-40 minutes. And if I skip cardio at the gym and say 'later', well, 3/5 times it doesn't happen. My advice is to just get up and do it your first opportunity!
ramita
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 11:18 AM
My advice is to find something you can do while you're doing nothing. Maybe some ab, arm, and leg workouts while you watch tv that way you're exercising while watching tv, or if you have a treadmill, workout bike, etc have it set up where you can see the tv. If you can get yourself to doing it youll see it become a habit, and before you know you'll be doing it without thinking. I struggle with this to so know you're not alone out there.
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:26 PM

If I don't work out before noon, it doesn't get done. lol

ShortMommytobe
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I either get up and do my cardio in the morning (either Focus T25, or Walk Away the Pounds) or I go for a 30-60 min walk in the evening between 6pm & 8pm.... I do weight lifting mon, wens, and friday. You have to work it in... while kiddo is asleep, look up fitness blender on youtube, they are awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)