Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

5 Yoga Poses For the Best Sex of Your Life

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

5 Yoga Poses For the Best Sex of Your Life (PHOTOS)

by Rebecca Stokes 16 hours ago

Have The Best Sex of Your Life Tonight Let's talk yoga. No, not like magazine cover yoga, real person yoga.

I'm a chubby girl. I'm not a born yogi by nature, one of those slender ballerina types who is so graceful it's kind of disgusting. That said, I love the rush I get from exercise...allll exercise. Yes, 'exercise' here includes doing the nasty. Mind your chakras, y'all -- it's about to get sexy up in here!

Yoga leads to better sex. It makes sense! Yoga is all about existing in the moment. It's about being limber and present in your body. In other words, doing yoga = daaaayyyyum girl, check that swirl! I want that! And if I've got to log a few extra sessions being wobbling and sweaty and insecure alongside some Natalie Portman-type clone in exchange for the best sex of my life, I am totally okay with that.

Here are 5 totally easy, totally effective, poses you can try to freshen things up when it comes time for hitting the sack. Good sex isn't about how many strap-ons you own, or how crazily you can contort your body, it's about feeling comfortable in your skin when you're getting naked with your partner. These poses will make you feel stronger and more flexible -- and with those comes more confidence, which we all know, is the sexiest thing of all!

The Plow Pose

Image via Illustration Works/Corbis

The Plow Pose

Feeling sluggish and not so sexy? This pose sends the blood to your head, leaving you feeling wide awake and ready for anything. Also staring at your own crotch makes you more attuned than ever to your downstairs region. 

The Pigeon Pose

Image via Frank Bienewald/imagebroker/Corbis

The Pigeon Pose

Pigeon pose requires deep relaxation into your hip muscles. This makes you stronger and super flexible over time. A good warm-up! 

Image via Isaac Lane Koval/Corbis

The Downward Facing Dog

Your butt up in the air = the ultimate "let's get it on" posture. Just ask the dogs. All joking aside, this is great spinal stretch, and another one good for re-upping your energy. 

The Bridge Pose

Image via mageZoo/Corbis

The Bridge Pose

The bridge pose is yoga's answer to kegels. Seriously! The lifting and holding movement requires you to work the muscles of your pelvic floor, tightening your vaginal muscles in the process. 

The Happy Baby Pose

Image via quietartyoga/Flickr

The Happy Baby Pose

If missionary is your go-to position, this gentle (and quietly hilarious) pose 'the happy baby' can help! A sore lower back can be a problem with this popular position, the cause? Tight abductor and hamstring muscles! Get yourself primed with this sucker. 

Do you do any exercises to heat up your sex life?

by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWall
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Oh yay. I have no sex life yet. But I will do these and be ready!
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I do yoga but with a 7 month old nothing can help my sex life right now. lol

lulalacroix
by Lula on Apr. 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM

My dh and I use a lot of different positions.  Now that I'm getting older a lot of them are becoming uncomfortable.  I've told him literally that I need to do more yoga so I can be more flexible again.  So thanks, I'm gonna try these.

Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Yes!!
ladyvamp5489
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:32 PM

ROFL i would never be able to do any of those poses!  I have a plate in my neck. BUT i do however do yoga on my WII fit! I love it!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Oh my!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I was blushing as I was posting this! hahaha.

I think it had more to do with the authors choice of words and expressions than anything else.  :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh my!

MunchiesMom324
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I can see myself getting into any one of those poses (more specifically the "plow" pose) and getting stuck.  

Knowing the people who live in my house, instead of helping me they would take pictures and laugh while they post it to FB.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:10 AM
I'm such a prude though! Lol! Anything about sex makes me blush...Jeff and I are really private with that:)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I was blushing as I was posting this! hahaha.

I think it had more to do with the authors choice of words and expressions than anything else.  :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Oh my!

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I'm weirdly bendy despite being more than chubby. I can do all these. I like yoga. I do it with dh to encourage him. He's thin as a rail but can't touch his toes without bending his knees.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)