Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

advice

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to loose weight but what I'm doing isn't working any advice

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mlpcrusader
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM
What are you doing?
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Well, what are you doing?
mantmant
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Eating less and walking but the pounds are not coming off

mlpcrusader
by Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 11:14 PM
You may need to up your intensity in your exercising, or you're not eating enough calories. Of course it's best to eat the heaviest calories but you have to start somewhere.

Once I started eating better I started craving veggies for snacks! But I have days where I can't stop eating either. Blah.

But it really is a fine balancing between eating too little and eating too much. If you put your body into starvation mode you won't lose anything.

Quoting mantmant:

Eating less and walking but the pounds are not coming off

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 20, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Take calorie intake out of the equation. What are you eating? It doesn't matter if you are eating less, if you are still eating the wrong foods.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I am going to disagree with this statement.  It is possible to eat total crap and still lose weight if the calories in are lower than calories out.  (one guy did a snack cake diet--ate only snack cakes for a few weeks and he managed to lose weight because he controlled his calories.)

Are you actually monitoring your calories?  Or just eating "less."  Because eating less does not mean losing weight---if you were eating 1000 extra calories a day, eating less could mean that you are still eating more calories a day than you need (or need to eat to lose.)

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Take calorie intake out of the equation. What are you eating? It doesn't matter if you are eating less, if you are still eating the wrong foods.

pregnantmama105
by on Apr. 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM

you need to eat enough calories. check your BMR. 

otherwise your body will hold onto what your eating thinking its going into "starvation mode"

also look into macros. you re suppose to eat a certain amount to lose weight for your body type, and the exercise you do. but I haven't figured out how to calculate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)