Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

how often do you replace sneakers

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

So back in December I got a new pair of sneakers which I uses mostly for working out but occassionally for running errands to commuting to work. They were great. I have bad feet and usually the ache but not in these which was why I used on occassion when not working out. Now my feet ache after 5 min of walking and forget about running and thinking is it time for new ones. I looked up on line and they were like 300-400 miles but I doubt I put that much on them or maybe I did. I was walk/running maybe a mile 3 days a week on or off since december.

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momlovestorun
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM

I have to replace my running shoes every 4-6 months depending on if I am training or not. I use a seperate pair for cross training though, and only replace those once a year. 

I just got new ones a couple weeks ago and if I keep up my current miles I will need a new pair before summer is over. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 21, 2014 at 2:24 PM

It depends what I'm using them for.  Make sure you're getting the right shoes for the job!  Some shoes wear out faster than others, and between running errands in them and your walks, you could have put on that many miles.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM
My running sneakers every 6 months... and my lifting ones last longer. I use my gym or running sneakers strictly for those purposes. My everyday sneakers are never used to work out in.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Depends on how many miles I've put on them.  I'm a long distance runner.

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM

I don't wear sneakers for every day use.  My "barefoot" running shoes (not really sneakers) would be replaced as they wear enough for the sole to wear through.

charmgirl
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Wow I must not be very active because i've had the same shoes for at least 4 years.

ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Thanks for the responses. I actually wore them this morning no socks and no issue so thinking will try to get a few more wears out of them just for working out.

barbie4eva13
by New Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I replace my shoes if the tread is worn so I don't fall or if the sole inside is ruin I will just buy a new one the shoe is not bad. I will tell you I buy alot of Nike running shoes and they last forever I just have to buy nee soles.

bry36
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM

I have to buy them more often than I like probably like 3 times a yr or more . I have one foot that is really pigeon toed LOL and it breaks down the inside of the shoe so it throws my balance off after awhile

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Apr. 22, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Me?? Not often enough for the among of miles I put on them. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)