Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

GW reached :)...9 months post partum & 5 months of hard work! [pics]

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 41 Replies
3 moms liked this

Before pregnancy I weighed 135. I gained 29 lbs during pregnancy, weighing in at 164 the day before giving birth. At about 1 month post partum I weighed in at 151 lbs which is the heaviest I've ever been and at 4 months pp I weighed the exact same. That's when I started eating clean and exercising 4-6 days per week, all from home. Today I reached my goal weight of 125 and am in the best shape of my life. I lost 26 lbs in 5 months and gained a booty in the process! 

I LOVE exercising now and eating healthy..I feel great and I don't plan on ever stopping. It's a lifestyle change for sure. I love feeling stronger. I wish I had a picture of me when I weighed 151 but I wouldn't let anybody get a picture of me during that time and hardly thought I would make this much progress when I started...so my only before pic is 9 months pregnant but that will have to do.

BEFORE (9 months pregnant and 164 lbs..again, not the best before pic but it's the best I have):

TODAY AT GOAL WEIGHT (125 lbs):

Keep going ladies! You can reach any goal you set for yourself if you are persistent :)

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:40 PM
You look amazing!! Congrats and thanks for posting! I am 4 weeks post partum, still can't work out and feeling very down about my body. I can't wait to exercise again!! What workouts did you do at home and what were some of your go to meals?

Seriously though, your body is awesome!
lucyblue202
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you! I do all fitnessblender videos from home! They are free and full length. They have an 8 week or 12 week (I think?) program with meals and daily workout routines that only cost $10 but I just used their videos and created my own. I try to incoorperate an even mix of strength training and cardio (usually HIIT) 4-6 days per week for anywhere from 20-90 minutes via the videos they provide.  A lot of them are just bodyweight driven and are often a mix of strenth training and cardio already and many require no equipment at all. There are tons of free workout videos you can find online as well if you just search around but personally fitnessblender is my favorite (:

I eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. For breakfast is either a high-protein smoothie, oatmeal/cottage cheese blueberry pancakes, or oatmeal with fruit. Then I typically have an apple, banana or handful of almonds for snack..Lunch is usually a whole wheat pb & jelly or egg salad sandwich. Usually am hungry for a 2nd snack which is often fruit, nuts, or a couple of rice cakes with vegan cream cheese or peanut butter. Dinner will be a different combo of some chicken breast/tofu/vegetarian sausage/salmon/ with either brown rice/quinoa/ baked sweet potatoes and then some sort of steamed veggies or a side spinach salad.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: You look amazing!! Congrats and thanks for posting! I am 4 weeks post partum, still can't work out and feeling very down about my body. I can't wait to exercise again!! What workouts did you do at home and what were some of your go to meals? Seriously though, your body is awesome!

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I have never heard of those videos I will check them out. You should be so proud of yourself. :) I hope I can be dedicated and stick to it when I'm cleared to exercise.

Quoting lucyblue202:

Thank you! I do all fitnessblender videos from home! They are free and full length. They have an 8 week or 12 week (I think?) program with meals and daily workout routines that only cost $10 but I just used their videos and created my own. I try to incoorperate an even mix of strength training and cardio (usually HIIT) 4-6 days per week for anywhere from 20-90 minutes via the videos they provide.  A lot of them are just bodyweight driven and are often a mix of strenth training and cardio already and many require no equipment at all. There are tons of free workout videos you can find online as well if you just search around but personally fitnessblender is my favorite (:

I eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. For breakfast is either a high-protein smoothie, oatmeal/cottage cheese blueberry pancakes, or oatmeal with fruit. Then I typically have an apple, banana or handful of almonds for snack..Lunch is usually a whole wheat pb & jelly or egg salad sandwich. Usually am hungry for a 2nd snack which is often fruit, nuts, or a couple of rice cakes with vegan cream cheese or peanut butter. Dinner will be a different combo of some chicken breast/tofu/vegetarian sausage/salmon/ with either brown rice/quinoa/ baked sweet potatoes and then some sort of steamed veggies or a side spinach salad.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: You look amazing!! Congrats and thanks for posting! I am 4 weeks post partum, still can't work out and feeling very down about my body. I can't wait to exercise again!! What workouts did you do at home and what were some of your go to meals? Seriously though, your body is awesome!

lucyblue202
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Np and thank you! Feels good to finally get here..didn't think I would at the beginning. You can do it...just let any setbacks fuel motivation rather then take it away ! :)

Quoting Mommy_Natural: Awesome! Thanks for the info, I have never heard of those videos I will check them out. You should be so proud of yourself. :) I hope I can be dedicated and stick to it when I'm cleared to exercise.
Quoting lucyblue202:

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Thank you! I hope so right now it seems so far away but I know I can get there if I'm determined. :)

I just looked at that website and it looks really cool, so many videos!

Quoting lucyblue202:

Np and thank you! Feels good to finally get here..didn't think I would at the beginning. You can do it...just let any setbacks fuel motivation rather then take it away ! :)

Quoting Mommy_Natural: Awesome! Thanks for the info, I have never heard of those videos I will check them out. You should be so proud of yourself. :) I hope I can be dedicated and stick to it when I'm cleared to exercise.
Quoting lucyblue202:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job mama!!!

lucyblue202
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

No problem (: take it one day at a time and keep yourself motivated and you will definitely get there! Yeah fitnessblender is my favorite for sure, there is a huge variety on there so I never get bored too which is a huge killer of workouts for me..if I get bored I just won't wanna do it, lol.

Also another website I recommedn checking out is myfitnesspal.com which was also was super helpful for me and free too. There is alot of awesome advice on the forums and it has a calorie-tracker and exercise log too and it's awesome checking out all the success stories on the forums for motivation, that really kept me going.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: Thank you! I hope so right now it seems so far away but I know I can get there if I'm determined. :) I just looked at that website and it looks really cool, so many videos!
Quoting lucyblue202:

Quoting lucyblue202:

Cassie2115
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM
I'm almost 5 months pp and still a disgusting 180. I was about 160 prepregnancy and hit 195 right before I had her. I'm breastfeeding which I thought would help me lose but it's not :( going to have to work a little harder. It's finally getting nice out so we can go for walks and I can get out running.
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Thank you!! And I am the same if I get bored I tend to slack off so variety is great. :)

Quoting lucyblue202:

No problem (: take it one day at a time and keep yourself motivated and you will definitely get there! Yeah fitnessblender is my favorite for sure, there is a huge variety on there so I never get bored too which is a huge killer of workouts for me..if I get bored I just won't wanna do it, lol.

Also another website I recommedn checking out is myfitnesspal.com which was also was super helpful for me and free too. There is alot of awesome advice on the forums and it has a calorie-tracker and exercise log too and it's awesome checking out all the success stories on the forums for motivation, that really kept me going.

Quoting Mommy_Natural: Thank you! I hope so right now it seems so far away but I know I can get there if I'm determined. :) I just looked at that website and it looks really cool, so many videos!
Quoting lucyblue202:

Quoting lucyblue202:

Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 7:46 PM
I know how you feel! Breastfeeding is making me so hungry so it's been a challenge to eat healthy and not eat too much. I can't wait to start running again once my doctor clears me!

Quoting Cassie2115: I'm almost 5 months pp and still a disgusting 180. I was about 160 prepregnancy and hit 195 right before I had her. I'm breastfeeding which I thought would help me lose but it's not :( going to have to work a little harder. It's finally getting nice out so we can go for walks and I can get out running.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)