Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Regained weight.

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone here lost weight and kept it off only to regain it a year or more later? If you have, what has helped you get back on track again?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 22, 2014 at 4:48 AM

You have to focus on the present and future...don't worry about the past as you can't change it.  One day at a time.  Think about how focused you were back when you lost weight and you'll get there again.  Good luck!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Apr. 22, 2014 at 6:19 AM

I did.  I had to totally change the way I looked at dieting and food, to find a way of eating that would work for me for the rest of my life.  I got rid of the gimmicks and shakes, found an exercise "plan" that would work for me (I find exercise routines to be extremely boring...gotta have fun!), and learned a whole new way of eating.

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Apr. 22, 2014 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

This is exactly why they say diets don't work, because they obviously don't. It's not about a diet, it's about a concerted, permanent lifestyle change. That doesn't mean that you can't have a cookie or a piece of cake every once in a while, but it does mean that you have to pick a plan, and stick to it, for at least 80% of the time, for the rest of your life. 

Charlotte1608
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Thank you! I must admit I am seriously disappointed with myself because I did work super hard to lose the weight previously.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You have to focus on the present and future...don't worry about the past as you can't change it.  One day at a time.  Think about how focused you were back when you lost weight and you'll get there again.  Good luck!

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM
I made a post about 2 weeks ago about being in this boat. I lost over 80lbs and over the last year I gained 40 back. I didn't use gimmicks or pills to lose it, I exercised and ate clean, but I had lost all perspective of reality trying to see the scale get lower and lower to the point that I crashed and burned. Now, with a clear head, new motivation and a better perspective of the reality of what my body is, I am back on the fitness wagon trying to lose 30lbs.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I had lost about 65 lbs. Swore I'd NEVER get fat again...then life happened. We moved states -then moved AGAIN to another state where I had NO friends or family, it was cold all the time (which I hate - having grown up and lived in phoenix for over 20 yrs) and I quit working then could NOT find another job (it was when things started getting really bad for the country as far as unemployment and housing). I wound up gaining back all of it PLUS like another 20-25. I had given up and it took awhile to get back to doing it again.  

The difference is that this time, I'm working out for real -where as last time, I didn't *other than the cleaning job I had then

so hopefully, this time it's forever.  It scares me to think I'll ever gain it all back again because last time I swore I wouldn't too

Charlotte1608
by Member on Apr. 26, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I totally resonate with what you are saying. We had just moved as well and my hubs was struggling with his job so I "comfort ate" (I HATE that term) and yeah.. gained 7kgs back. I just so need to find my motivation but we are facing yet more changes in our lives and I am so stressed about it all!

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

I had lost about 65 lbs. Swore I'd NEVER get fat again...then life happened. We moved states -then moved AGAIN to another state where I had NO friends or family, it was cold all the time (which I hate - having grown up and lived in phoenix for over 20 yrs) and I quit working then could NOT find another job (it was when things started getting really bad for the country as far as unemployment and housing). I wound up gaining back all of it PLUS like another 20-25. I had given up and it took awhile to get back to doing it again.  

The difference is that this time, I'm working out for real -where as last time, I didn't *other than the cleaning job I had then

so hopefully, this time it's forever.  It scares me to think I'll ever gain it all back again because last time I swore I wouldn't too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN