Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My first post in this group!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 10 Replies

As summer comes, everyone is tring to loss weight. I myself started a couple weeks ago. I didnt really change what i eat. I started working out and walking. I keep running into a problem though. Every time i workout, i get weak and start to feel dizzy. Sometimes I get a headache from it. What could it be? Ever have this? 

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you talked to a doctor?  Do you get this way during exercise, or after?  Are you eating before you work out?  Do you drink water?  What do your workouts look like?

Changing your eating is bar-none the most important element to weight loss.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM

Welcome to the group.  I agree with Suzanne.  Good luck!

Lovingmomma5709
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

Have you talked to a doctor?  Do you get this way during exercise, or after?  Are you eating before you work out?  Do you drink water?  What do your workouts look like?

No, i haven't talked to my doctor. I usally start to feel sick during the workout. I usually eat fruit or someþing light before a workout. I try to do my workout around 9 am. Yes, i have my water water bottle with me. I either have regular water or fruit infused water. I try to mix up my workouts. Today was lunges, squats, push-ups, planks, Jumping jacks and 60 second wall sit. I walk for 30 mintues after my daughter wakes up after her nap.

I normally eat pretty healthy.

Lovingmomma5709
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group.  I agree with Suzanne.  Good luck!

Thank you!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Lovingmomma5709:

Quoting musicpisces:

No, i haven't talked to my doctor. I usally start to feel sick during the workout. I usually eat fruit or someþing light before a workout. I try to do my workout around 9 am. Yes, i have my water water bottle with me. I either have regular water or fruit infused water. I try to mix up my workouts. Today was lunges, squats, push-ups, planks, Jumping jacks and 60 second wall sit. I walk for 30 mintues after my daughter wakes up after her nap.

Maybe try eating something a bit more substantial first?

I know that when I don't eat before I go to zumba - I feel SICK

I usually eat oatmeal or something involving eggs before and I'm fine

Lovingmomma5709
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Lovingmomma5709:

Quoting musicpisces:

Maybe try eating something a bit more substantial first?

I know that when I don't eat before I go to zumba - I feel SICK

I usually eat oatmeal or something involving eggs before and I'm fine

Good ideas! Thank you!  I have plenty of fresh eggs, i own 12 chickens! How do you make your eggs?

LillysMom12
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I would check with a doctor... I have never felt weak or dizzy during a workout but my friend used to blackout/go dizzy just walking on the treadmill for 5-10 minutes and she was really out of shape. Maybe you could try slowing it down between sets if you don't want to see a doctor...
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Good ideas! Thank you!  I have plenty of fresh eggs, i own 12 chickens! How do you make your eggs?

I do either scrambled (one whole with 2 whites), or make french toast using one whole egg and 3 slices of 45 cal. whole wheat bread and sugar free syrup... sometimes omlette

I keep thinking that I'll boil a few and have them around- but so far, I've actually only done that once and then my son found out and they were gone! *he's 17

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:30 AM

Quoting Lovingmomma5709:

Quoting musicpisces:

You might need to eat something more before your workouts.  If I only have fruit or something that small, I get light headed and weak, and sometimes get a headache.  Try to eat something more like a piece of toast with peanut butter (something more carby along with some healthy fat and protein) about 30-60 minutes before your workout.  You can try experimenting with how long before a workout you need to eat, as we're all a little different.  Some people need as much as 2 hours from when they last ate to work out.  Do what works for you!  :)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM

I get this feeling when I do certain things such as pushups and planks.....faint feeling and a kind of odd or "funny" feeling which stops as soon as get up, although I can lay on my back no problem. Hopefully if you take the advice given, it will stop. I have just learned that I can't do pushups and planks....I can't stand the feeling in my head and stomach no matter what I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)